Chapter 12

I think this is the most I have updated all at once in a LONG time. Wow. Happy Birthday to you guys...

Chapter 12

POV COOPER

"Yes, Jackson, I will alert the pack that Brittney is yours. None of the other males will dare defeat her without fear of death."

"Thank you, Alpha."

"You're welcome."

I turned my head back towards the television going over all the scores from the tournaments so far. Chloe had beaten her last two opponents, and there were three other males for here to defeat before they got to Jackson's level.

All of my wolves had been pre-warned not to defeat her, I had placed my claim on her the first day and so far all my men seemed to be respecting that. The only thing I was worried about now was getting to to cooperate.

Sure, I was stronger than her. I was probably more rational when it came to fighting as well. Chloe seems to be just stuck on the end goal and doing everything to get there. What she doesn't seem to get is that, that tactic won't work on me. I know her end goal and I know her wolf is on my side. Its basically already in the bag for me to win the match.

What I am mostly worried about it how to get her to not hate me after the match. She will be furious that she didn't win, and that she won't be Alpha.

I would say that I felt bad that she would be losing her current dream, but I think she is just being naive. She's my mate, even if she could beat me she would never be able to just leave without me. It would drive her insane after a while. Eventually she would come back.

Tuning back into the television I saw the results for my packmates previous matches. It seems my lowest wolf, Drake, had won over the female Chanel. And Shawn had won over Rachel. Since both Jackson and I had claimed Chloe and her sister, and assuming Chloe's other sister lost in battle, I would be leaving with two makes that had no mates.

I sighed. I didn't like the idea of having unmated wolves on the pack ground around Chloe, they could go ballistic at any time, and I dreaded the idea of what would happen if she went into heat and I wasn't there.

Suddenly there was a soft knock at my door, distracting me from my thoughts.

"Come in!" I yelled over the TV.

As the door opened I saw platinum hair and those violet eyes I knew so well.

"Hello Kitten, I didn't expect to see you here. But I'm glad you came." I stood up as she closed the door. She had just entered the wolves den. And that was a very dangerous thing to do.

* * *
POV CHLOE

"I need a favor." I stood facing Cooper with my hands behind my back, keeping a tight hold on the doorknob in case I needed a quick exit.

He stalked towards me, exiting the family room which looked identical to mine. I'm guessing all the cabins were made with the same layout.

"What can I do for you, Chloe-Cat?" He stopped a few steps away from me, a respectable distance but still to close for my comfort.

"My sister-"

"Brittney?"

"No, Summer. She asked me for a favor, but it's not something I can give her. But you can."

God, I hated this. There shouldn't be something out of my power. I shouldn't have to be asking him for anything. This is what is be doing for the rest of my life if he won the fight. I would have to ask him permission to do everything. Can I blow my nose, Alpha? Can I use the restroom, Alpha? May I cook you dinner, Alpha? Kill me now.

"Chloe?" He asked, breaking me out of my internal ranting.

"What?"

"I asked what the request was." His face showed a look of concern mixed with a little impatience. Although he also couldn't mask the look of happy pleasure. He liked the fact I was here, if his half smirk was anything to go by.

"My sister wants you to release her from the fights."

He was taken aback, and confusion was now all that covered his face. Then anger.

"Why, does she want to leave her mate and start a pack of her own as well?"

"No, she isn't as sensible as I am." He growled and stepped closer to me. I chastised myself, if I didn't want a replay of what happened in the woods I needed to keep my mouth shut.

"Sorry. That isn't why. She doesn't like any of your males. She doesn't want to be matched with them, but she isn't strong enough to fight them off."

"I think that's the point Chloe, otherwise no male would win a female."

"You aren't getting this. She doesn't like your males. If she got matched with one of your men it would be a no go."

"How is that a problem? She would learn to like whoever mates with her."

"Okay. Listen very closely. SHE doesn't LIKE your MALES."

"I can hear you! You just aren't making sense!"

"Damn it! She likes girls, males don't attract her. If your males mate with her neither of them will be happy!"

"Oh."

"Yeah, Oh."

"So you want me to dismiss her on what grounds?"

"Can't you just do it? Your an Alpha, should you need a reason?"

He shook his head. "Technically, yes. But it would be untraditional and would raise suspicions. And my understanding is that she wants it kept a secret?"

"If at all possible, yes."

"So what should my reason be?"

"Just say your males don't like her!"

He rolled his eyes at me. "You know, for wanting to be an Alpha, you really need more practice at it." I growled at this, I could be just as good of an Alpha as him. "I'll think of something to announce, tell your sister she is free to go-"

"Thank you."

"-on a condition."

"What?!"

"You want something from me, I want something from you. Call your sisters favor a bargaining chip. Give me what I want and your sister can leave as she pleases."

"What do you want?"

"You."

My head rammed into the door as I looked higher up at his face, making more eye contact than before.

"On what terms...?"

"On the terms that on the day of our battle you may fight as you please. But you must give in at the end. You will willingly stop fighting. At the end of all of this you will be my Luna. If you do that then I will have your sister released by the end of today."

No. This couldn't be happening. This isn't fair, how could I agree to that? But if I don't my sister will be miserable. But if I do I will be miserable.

My dads former words echoed through my mind...'Either way you will be an Alpha.'

I looked up at Cooper.

"Deal."

It took him less that five seconds for him to close the space between us and deal the agreement with a kiss.