Chapter 3

Okay, when i saw I had a comment I almost cried. And then i read it and I almost cried. Thank you for the comment. I only have one so far, but its more than before, right? Please keep it up! I dont know if you realize this but commenting and voting makes me want to just keep updating. Like "OMG, you liked that? HERE! TAKE ANOTHER! TAKE THEM ALLLLL!" *shoves metaphorical chapters in your face* I seriously felt like Thor is his movie when he had that coffee he liked and he threw it on the ground yelling "ANOTHER!!!" Thats how i am guys! "A comment?!? I LIKE THIS!!!!! ANOTHER!!!!!"*uncerimoniously throws iPhone on the floor*

Btw this next chapter is dedicated to Countrygirly52 for being my first comment. You guys should be her fan, cause she's cool.

See, thats what happens when you comment. BOOM.

ONTO THE CHAPTER MORTALS.

NOT EDITED

************************************************************************************************

Chapter 3

Chloe's POV

I woke up late in the morning, my sister's beds had been haphazardly abandoned and their scents were old in the air. I sat up and looked up at the clock to find that it was almost 9 in the morning. Seeing this I scrambled out of bed as quickly as I could. The tournament started today at 11 a.m. and I needed to prepare myself. I would be fighting in as many rounds as I could until 3 p.m. As I entered the main room of the cabin I found my mother sitting at the little round dining table drinking a cup of coffee and staring out into space.

"Why didn't you guys wake me up? Where is everyone? It starts in almost 2 hours! Did you ever plan to wake me?!"; I began to ramble at my mother.

"Chloe, calm down! Your father took Summer and Britney to go train. After your little midnight run last night, we just assumed that you needed rest more than to practice moves you already know." She began. "You're going to be fine, sweetheart, stop worrying. What are you so worried about? Getting beaten? There is nothing wrong with having a mate. Look what I got. Three beautiful, strong, girls." She walked to me and patted my cheek. I could see tears forming in her eyes.

"Thank you, but you know this isn't what I want for myself. I know it's what Summer wants, and I know Britney will be happy with whatever. But I HAVE BEEN TRAINED TO BE ALPHA. Not an assistant to Alpha, not his companion. I want respect, not because I am mated to someone, but because I'm in control. Because I got the respect myself. If I'm mated, I won't be happy." I stared back at her face, which was lower than mine due to our height difference.

My mother sighed and went back to her seat, turning on the nearest television. It blared with the pre-tournament commentary. I saw on the screen a face better looking than a god. Dark black hair, tanned skin, brown eyes. Strong nose, hard jaw, white teeth. He was beautiful.

"Cooper Botolli, Alpha of the Botolli pack, is here for his second tournament. He will be competing with whichever female makes it to his round. So far, from the rankings of the women here it seems that the Holtz sisters may pose a good chance of getting to this level. Though it would surprise me if he was beat. Ranking a 20 out of 20 of the strength scale Alpha Cooper will be a tough opponent." The first announcer said. He partner was quick to add in commentary, "20 out of 20, wow. And what do you think of those Holtz sisters? The highest ranking one, Chloe Holtz ranked 18 out of 20. Her sisters both respectively earning 16 and 15. I'm not sure about our viewers out there, but I think Chloe has a good chance to win. But who would want to beat such a good match as this?"

The first announcer began to speak again, "I don't know, but I have heard Ms. Chloe has quite the snippy streak, caused quite a ruckus yesterday getting out of her car. It seems to me she isn't happy to be here."