Six

Jasmine stares at her reflection in the mirror hanging on her pale blue walls. She sneers at her green eyes with disgust. The beauty that usually lies in the green color of her eyes is ovevcome with tones of jealousy.

She is masked with envy.

Kendal came back late from her date last night with a wide grin on her face. Jasmine wached her sneak through the door last night, gently touching her lips with delicate fingers. He had kissed her. A kiss always means that a date went well. 

It's not that Jasmine is jealous of Kendal because she likes Bryton. She just met the guy! That wasn't it. It's that Kendal gets to be with the man she loves. Jasmine can't. But isn't that her parent's doing? She should be angry at them for pushing Dominic away from her.

Dominic. Her one happiness in life.

Jasmine grabbed he mirror and slammed inn down on her desk in frustration. Tears spray to her eyes as she felt an overwhelming sense of guilt wash over. 

I should of held on to him tighter. Let him know how i felt about him.

I shouldn't be upset at Kendal. She had no part in breaking my heart.

Jasmine ran a hand through her hair, sweeping her bangs to the side. She needed a distraction. She needed to get him off her mind.

But where did he run off to? This was the question that was burning in the back of her head since the moment he left. Why didn't he fight for her?

Maybe once she her pictures showed up in magezines and billboards he would notice her. Maybe he would try to find her.

Maybe that's the only reason she entered this profession.

She shook her head and stopped pacing the carpet in her room. Stop it. She scolded herself. It's over. She collapsed on her bed and threw her pillow over her face. Just stop...

***

"Kendal would you mind checking on Jasmine? She's been locked up in her room for a while now," Mia says.

I close the fridge door and give her a weird look. "If you're so worried why don't you go check on her?" I ask.

"Uh, I'm a little busy at the moment," Mia's eyes dart from me back to the tv screen where mariocart is being played. Her hands are holding on to the wii remote so tight ger knuckles turn white. 

"Uh huh, sure you are." Just as I pour myself a cold glass of orange juice I notice the front door handle jiggling. When the door fails to open, our doorbell rings a few times. 

Mia and Sam don't even seem to notice so I begrudgingly set my glass of orange juice down and walk to the door. As soon as I unlock it, Tony comes bursting through.

"Excuse me, since when is this your house to come marching in whenever you want?" I ask out of spite.

He turns to face me with a know-it-all look stuck on his face. "Since my father owns the company so technically it is my house," he says.

"Right," I back down and close the front door. 

"Girls, I've got some great news!" Tony turns off the living room tv, making Mia groan and Sam fling her remote onto the couch. 

"Are you kidding me? I was winning!" Sam moans.

"Trust me you'll forget all about it once I tell you the news," Tony reassures her.

Just then, Jasmine comes walking down the stairs. "Tony? What's wrong?" she asks.

"We're doing a runway show tomorrow night and they're a few models short. So, I've recruted you girls to fill in!" he claps his hands together with a bright smile on his face.