Twenty

The next week goes by in a blur due to our packed schedule of classes, practice shoots, and work out sessions. Not to mention my unfairly heavy workload from school. Still, I can't complain, because this is the most productive my life has been in a while. I like keeping busy.

Even though I am so busy, I never go a day without seeing Tony. It pays dating your boss. He accompanies us during every practice shoot and even some classes. Although I do worry that I'm being too selfish...he does have other models he needs to overlook, right?

Ugh. Of course he does. I know for a fact he does...I guess I am selfish then.

I turn up the speed on my treadmill to try and keep myself out of my own head. I think too much and it's becoming exhausting to keep up with. Instead, I focus my thoughts on the base of the music in my earbuds and push myself to my limits. Within a few minutes, I reach the 'runner's high' and I feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins.

A minute later my headphones are yanked out of my ears. I turn off the treadmill and look over to my right. "We're heading home now, you coming?" Jasmine says, still holding on to my headphones.

My breathing is fast, and the sweat beads down my forehead. I nod and get off the treadmill. I always hate the feeling of walking after being on a treadmill for a long time. It feels like your whole body is dizzy.

I catch up with the girls and we make our way out. Each of us is covered in sweat, the only difference between me and them being that the sweat shimmers off them and oozes off me.

"God, how do you guys manage to look good drenched in sweat," I acknowledge. Jasmine flips her ponytail behind her shoulder, nearly knocking a line of guys off their feet as they stare at her in awe.

"It's a talent," Mia puts simply. "You gotta own it. It's not just your sweat, it's your sexy," Mia straightens her back and struts down the sidewalk. After walking a few feet ahead of us, she stops, poses, and struts back. "Now you try," she says.

I chuckle and wave my hand, "Thanks for the lesson, but I think I'm good." Mia shrugs and shifts her attention to her phone.

As Mia glues her eyes to her screen, Jasmine looks up from hers. "Well, girls, get some sleep tonight, because we have a job tomorrow!" she says.

"Wait, what?" I ask.

Jasmine shows me her phone. "I just got an email from Tony. He booked us another job. It's a photoshoot."

"Alright!" Sam pumps her fist up in the air. "Shoots are my specialty," she brags.

"Oh..." I trail off into my own thoughts. Already I start to get jittery. It's only my second major job as a model and I'm super nervous. Is it clothing? Is is makeup? Is it commercial? Is it high fashion? (I learned those last two words from binge watching America's Next Top Model a few weeks ago)

Once again I let my thoughts consume me the whole ride home, only taking a break when being talked to by one of the girls. As soon as we get home, I take Jasmine's advice and head straight to bed.

***

The next morning we all wake up bright and early for the long day ahead. Not wanting a protruding stomach, we stick to a light meal of vanilla yogurt and granola. "We can treat ourselves after the shoot," Jasmine tells us.

By 8 a.m., we are packed away in the car and Sam is putting in the address of the shoot into the gps system. Even though I went to sleep fairly early, I can't help but yawn every few minutes. It seems that yawning is contagious because next thing I know Mia and Sam are yawning as well.

"Seems like you girls had a late night," Jasmine acknowledges Sam and Mia's yawning, but doesn't seem to notice mine.

Mia seems to stiffen for a second and Sam smirks. "Oh yeah, it was fun," Sam chuckles.