Twentynine

The view from the plane window turns into an all ocean view. I always like sitting next to the window, and since Tony is afraid of heights, it was easy to get my way. 

Tony...words could not describe how happy I was that he chose to forgive me yesterday. It's true when they that you don't know what you have until you almost lose them. And thank God I didn't completely lose him, because he really means a lot to me. 

I glance over at sleeping Tony. He dosed off a while ago and he head sunk down to my shoulder. Our hands are intertwined, his limp from sleeping. 

The soft, carefree expression on his sleeping face makes a smile tug at my lips. His tie is loosely hanging around his neck and his suit jacket is off. He hung it on the chair in front of him so it wouldn't wrinkle. 

I eventually dose off as well, but wake up when the pilot comes on telling us that we are landing soon. There is movement next to me, and I look over to see Tony rubbing his eyes awake. 

"Hello, sleepy head," I say as he looks at me. 

He smiles. "Hello." He stretches out his arms and yawns, making me giggle. "What?" he asks.

"Nothing. You're just very cute when you just wake up," I say in a teasing voice. 

"Wish I could say the same for you."

"Hey!" I slap his arm playfully.

He chuckles and grabs the spot where I hit him. "I'm just kidding!"

"Yeah, yeah. Just get yourself ready. We are landing soon."

Tony nods and immediately tightens his tie. "You got your sunglasses?" he asks. I nod. Tony told me to always keep a pair of sunglasses with me, especially now. Once we get off this plane there is going to be a lot of people wanting pictures, he told me. 

The plane shakes a little as we begin to land, and Tony's hand lashes out to squeeze mine. I squeeze him back to comfort him and he starts to relax again. 

Once we finally land, Tony stands and puts on his suit jacket, buttoning it once so it stays closed. I let my hair out of its pony tail and frame it around my face, slipping on my sunglasses. Tony slips his on, too. He grabs my carry on bag and my hand, leading me off the plane and into the airport. 

As soon as we get inside, there is a group of people waiting for us. They see Tony and become excited, immediately taking pictures and asking questions. Tony smiles politely and answers what is harmless. 

Once the business questions were out of the way, they start turning their attention towards me. 

"Are you Kendal Alfonso the new up and coming model?"

"Are you and tony together?"

"Is it serious? I heard you are pregnant, is that true?"

I roll my eyes at the last one. Really...who starts these roomers anyway? 

Tony squeezes my hand harder as the crowd thickens. We go outside and a black car is waiting for us. The driver opens the door for us and Tony ushers me in first. I slide over and Tony sits next to me. Once we start rolling away, he takes off his sunglasses and lets out a groan.

"Wow, that was annoying...I don't know how you deal with it," I comment. 

"Well, you better get used to it," Tony says, raising his eyebrows for emphasis. 

I look at him in confusion. "What do you mean?"

He laces our hands together again and kisses my fingers. "Because if you're going to be around me a lot, you're going to have a lot more encounters like that with the paparazzi. And not only that, but you heard them, right? The 'new up-and-coming model'. Kendal, you're going to be a huge star pretty soon."

I blink a few times, not believing that last part. Me? A star? Nuh-uh, no way! I never thought it could really happen...

It would super exciting to be a celebrity. The popularity, the wealth, the success...but there's always a down side to it too.

Am I ready for all the bashing I'm going to receive in People Magazine? All the roomers? The paparazzi and the crazy anti-fans? I don't know...

"Uh-oh, I see that look," Tony says. "Don't worry, you'll get used to it. And as long as you're careful, everyone is going to love you!"

I groan and laugh at myself a bit. "Why am I even freaking out about this now? Who knows what will happen," I set back my realistic standards. 

Tony shrugs, "You got me there...but if you stay by me, you can go a long way."

"Okay Mr. CEO, lower your ego down a notch," I say playfully. Tony chuckles.

We spend the rest of the car ride in comfortable silence. Eventually, we arrive at the house and Tony walks me to the door, carrying my suitcase. 

When we stop in front of the door, I face him and grab my suitcase. "Thank you for the ride home," I say sweetly.

He looks at me, his blue eyes sparkling. A small smile plays at his lips. He leans in and places a soft kiss on my lips. "I'll call you later."

I nod and he takes his leave. I watch the car drive away and then brace myself for what's on the other side of the door. I take a deep breath and reach for the handle. As soon as I open the door, the muffled sounds of crying and yelling reach my ears. 

I immediately drop my suitcase and run up the stairs. The sounds are coming from Mia's room. I burst through the door and see Mia hysterically crying on her bed. Sam in shouting things at her, and jasmine is trying to calm her down. 

"What's going on?" I ask, extremely worried.

Sam's anger is radiating off of her as she paces back and forth. "What's going on...what's going on," She mumbles to herself before addressing me. "This slut got herself knocked up!" She throws out her arms dramatically, gesturing Mia. 

"Calm the hell down, Sam!" Jasmine throws a pillow at Sam, who just catches it without even a flinch.

I look back and forth between them before settling my eyes on Mia. I go over to her and sit on the edge of her bed. Cautiously, I rub her shoulders. "Mia, what's wrong?"

Mia looks up at me, her big eyes filled to the rim with tears. She takes a moment to let out a few more sobs and then catch her breath. "I-I...might be p-pregnant..." she finally lets out. 

My brows furrow as she lets out the words. She stuffs her face back into her pillow and cries more. I hate seeing Mia like this. If what she saying turns out to be true, it could be the end of Mia's career. 

I mean, models do have babies and still have careers nowadays. But Mia is just starting out. She hasn't gotten her face out there and hasn't paid her dues. And who knows how well her body will bounce back from this.

I make eye contact with Jasmine, who has the same worried look on her face. She shakes her head and pats Mia's back.

Well this is going to be one long night...