Chapter 22: Strawberry Ice Cream

Extremely important authors note at the end. Please read it.

Chapter 22: Strawberry Ice Cream

The rest of the week was boring; I wasn't allowed to see my friends, aside from Grayson, who laughed at me every time he saw me. I was glad that he was laughing at me rather than bringing up our kiss- which I really didn’t want to talk about, especially with him. During my time alone this week, I’ve realized that I like him a lot. I don’t know how it happened and I’m not going to question it any further than I already have. I’m just trying to stop it from developing into something more because I know I’ll get hurt in the end.

After looking up several ways to get over guys, I’ve come to the conclusion that I’ll never get over Grayson. One of the many ways I can get over him is: hang out with my friends. I’d do so but all Kyle and Lola do is make out and Carson and Sandra flirt. And Shane is always texting girls. I could hang out with Sebastian and Sam, though. Maybe I’ll call them sometime soon. Another way was to eat ice cream, you see- I’d do that but we don’t have any in my house and I doubt my mother would let me run to the store for some. The rest of the reasons included spending money, and I’m saving up for Christmas shopping; it seems I have a lot of people to buy things for.

After work on Friday, I relaxed on my bed. My mother was working and my father was downstairs in the living room, watching television; he’s supposed to be leaving at 8- which was only in ten minutes. He’s going out with his friends, Grayson’s father included, and they're going to a bar. I closed my eyes and sighed, bored out of my mind. I was texting Grayson. Surprise, surprise.

‘Would you sneak out if you could?’ I snorted. I would never sneak out. I see it as reckless. Besides, in the movies it never works out! So who’s to say it’ll work in real life?

‘No, it’s reckless,’ I replied before turning on the television. All of the shows were ending and new ones were coming on in 7 minutes. Groaning and lying down on my back, I sighed.

My father called up the stairs for me. I peeked my head out of the door. “I’m leaving honey. I love you!”

“I love you too!” I called back as I heard the door slam shut. I glanced at my phone. Grayson hadn’t replied since 7:58. It’s been 6 minutes and I was growing impatient. Switching the channel to a show that just started, I sighed and sat down, prepared to watch the actors do their jobs and act.

I heard a grunt from outside of my window and I felt a tinge of fear spark up in my stomach. I saw a hand on the outside of my window and I shrieked, ready to run out of the house but a voice stopped me. “Calm down, Darling; it’s just me.”

I walked over to the window to see Grayson clutching the sill. I opened the window fully and he climbed in. “You do know we have a front door right?”

He shrugged as he wiped himself off. “Yeah, but I just saw your father leave and I didn’t want to take any chances.”

“We also have a backdoor,” I told him and he shrugged. “Why are you here?”

He smiled at me. “Go get dressed; we’re going out.”

I stared at him. “What?”

“We’re going out to go get ice cream. Go put on some clothes,” he told me, leaning down so his face was in front of my own. I suddenly became aware of my outfit of choice. I was wearing Pikachu pajama pants and a tie-dye t-shirt. I nodded before walking towards my closet and grabbing jeans and a sweatshirt. I jogged towards the bathroom.

I changed and put my hair up into a pony tail, rather than the messy bun it was previously in. I decided to go without makeup; it would waste too much time to put some on, and I barely have time to waste. Exiting the bathroom with my pajamas in my hand, I saw Grayson lying on my bed, smirking up at the ceiling. I wanted to giggle at the sight of him lying in my bed. I then noticed something hanging around his neck. Walking over and lifting it up off of his chest, he opened an eye before closing it again.