Chapter 13

I hurriedly ran towards him, hoping that I wouldn’t see him on that ground, and that it was just a dream where I needed to wake up already, but it wasn’t. It’s a reality to see him lying on that ground with his clothes full of blood. “Bo Gum oppa, Jeoha,” I mumbled as I saw him spitting blood from his mouth, still trying his best to speak. A gentle smile was what he responded instead, mouthing something which I couldn’t understand anymore.

“Help! Please help!” I shouted, begging someone for help. The driver who hit him then fortunately went out of his car and worryingly took a quick walk towards us. I looked at him once again to tell him everything would be okay now but couldn’t see him in my hands anymore, nowhere else to find. “Jeoha, where are you?” I cried out, but that didn’t make him come back on my hands.

“Miss, are you okay? I’m really sorry! Are you hurt? I already called an ambulance. Let’s wait just for a minute, ne?”

---

“Are you really okay? Jebal, Yoo Jung-ah. Let’s go to the hospital, now. Ne?” I took a look at her, gazed directly on her eyes, pleading, just like the last time.

“I’m okay. Really okay. You don’t need to worry about me,” I forced on a smile and spoke. After drying my hair, I walked towards my room and dropped myself on my bed right away, letting the door still open, telling her to follow me soon. She then took steps directing herself towards my room but stayed on the door.

“I will stay here this night but will let you alone for the mean time since you seem like you need it. My mom cancelled their plan coming here, but still, we will celebrate Christmas in any way we can. Call me right away when you don’t want to be alone anymore.” She left even without hearing my response, turning the lights off after walking away, bringing so much darkness in the room. Was it this late already?

I sat up after deciding to, heading directly towards the wall beside the door, bringing back the light after turning the switch on. It was just when I realized my room was a complete mess. Did I make it? I chuckled at my own question, remembering the chaos I brought here earlier. Kurae, I did make it. The notes scattered on the floor caught my attention, causing me to crouch down and pick them up, reading some of it with my eyes.

Let’s make memories that will last a lifetime.

I feel angry when I see you, but it cannot be helped. When I could not see you, I ended up feeling worse. So, stay by my side.

You must be so angry when I left you without your permission, breaking my promise that I wouldn’t leave you whenever life gets tough, but I just did. Did it hurt so much? This must be what you felt, or worse. How did you take it, Jeoha? I felt like I was dying, torturing myself in pain. This must be my comeuppance on leaving you behind. Mianhae for hurting you, Jeoha.

I took a few steps towards the table as I spotted something familiar on one of its drawer, collecting the rest of the notes, and eventually saw the pink bracelet he showed me before, which was our eternal bracelet on our world. There was even a note tied on the bracelet. I took it from the drawer and carefully read it.

“Please, remember me, so you can stay by my side soon.”

I felt like crying again, which seemed like my habit these past few days, but when I touched my face, no water escape from my eyes this time. Was it even possible? Or my eyes was just too tired to cry again? Ah, why couldn’t I cry? It was a total torture for me, when I couldn’t even let this sadness I was feeling out. Sitting on the floor was what I did next as I leaned my body on my bed, staring still at his last note I was holding.

“Now that I remember you already, can I stay by your side now? Is it even possible to do that, now that you are somewhere I don’t know?” I blurted out, speaking slowly whilst breaking my own voice. “Ah, mwoya? I want to cry now.” I must be really crazy, seriously! Now that I couldn’t cry, I was asking for it.