Chapter 7

Exactly two weeks after the sudden appearance of Bo Gum and still, we hadn’t even find any way for him to go back. I kept on searching through the library books, but I couldn’t even see the word time travel written on them, except for fiction books. I couldn’t even get any answer from the internet as sites always tell time travelling wasn’t real. I even sometimes saw him giving up, but I would always tell him that it was still too early to give up. Fortunately, he would then go back on his senses.

I stared still on the fiction book I was reading inside our school library, but I hadn’t understand anything since thoughts of him kept running across my mind. How would I send him back if we couldn’t even find anything about his situation?

Anyway, Bo Gum and Soo Bin already met each other. I could even remember the shock written on Bo Gum’s face upon seeing her. Aside from the names Lee Yeong and Ra On, we heard another strange name from him, Jo Ha Yeon, which he used to call Soo Bin the moment he saw her. Did we really look like someone on the past? I looked like Ra On, and Soo Bin looked like Ha Yeon. Geundae, wasn’t it unfair? I looked like a eunuch, but she looked like a princess.

Out of our curiosity on the strange name we heard from him, we searched about it, and found out she was a princess chosen as the royal consort of the Crown Prince, but this Crown Prince rejected her and even told her that he already had a maiden he loves, and it was Ra On. That must have been the most painful thing Princess Ha Yeon felt, being rejected and was told of that the man she loves already had someone.

“What are you doing?” Soo Bin who just sat on the chair in front of me asked.

“Reading this book, trying to find any information for Bo Gum to go back on his world.”

She flipped the book and I saw her gazing on the book title. “But it was a fiction book.”

I nodded nonchalantly and blurted out, “Ne. His sudden appearance seems like a fiction, so maybe I can gain information to solve this fantasy-like reality through this fiction book.” I put down my head on the table as I felt giving up already. I was not that intelligent to solve this mystery of him, yet I was still trying my best to send him on his world. Ah~ I must have gone crazy!

“Cheer up now. He’s already here,” she whispered to me. I looked at her right away only to see her chuckling. “I’m just kidding.” I grimaced. “Look at you smiling earlier, oh?”

“Me?” I asked her, bewildered at my own action.

“Yoo Jung-ah,” someone then suddenly voiced out my name which I soon realized that voice was Bo Gum’s.

“That startled me,” I mumbled upon hearing my name whilst closing my eyes and tapping my chest in surprise. “You told me you were just kidding,” I mouthed to Soo Bin, somehow glaring at her.

She just shrugged her shoulder as she mouthed back, “Ne, I was. He wasn’t there earlier, then all of a sudden he appeared out of nowhere. He was really scary!” she leaned closer to me and whispered her last sentence.

I heaved out a sigh and later turned my body around to face him, waved my hand in an instant to greet him as he took steps towards us. He then right away looked at Soo Bin and spoke, “Soo Bin-ah, can I take Yoo Jung for a while? I just have something important to show her.”

I glanced at her and motioned her to say no since she would tease me again when I’ll go home, but she smirked, feeling that she’ll betray me, and so she did. “Ne. Just bring her back at time,” she sweetly smiled at him and moved her head to say yes.

Grimace was what I showed her whilst fixing my things before bidding my goodbye to her, “We’ll go now. I’ll gotta kill you when I’ll go home,” I said and mouthed her my last sentence.

She just laughed in a quiet way and looked once again at Bo Gum. “Geundae, if I want to live, just let her live on your place, ne?” I immediately closed my eyes in embarrassment brought by her words. Was he really my friend? How dare she put her friend in embarrassment?

---

“It’s beautiful, right?” I nodded in enchantment. It was really beautiful, really! “They really look like my bracelet and the one I gave her.”

“You mean Ra On? And couple bracelet?”

He nodded and couldn’t hide the excitement in him. “Ne. But, what is a couple bracelet?” Kurae, he was still from Joseon anyway and had stayed in this world for only two weeks. He still had a lot of things to learn to adapt himself completely on this era.

“Couple bracelet, it was a matching accessory that lovers usually wear.”

“Lovers?” he asked, as if talking to himself. A smile then immediately graced on his lips, showing the sweetest smile he could muster, like a fool. It must be great to smile like that, as if you could die any moment now. He really looked so happy.

“Yoo Jung-ah, do you know what this couple bracelet means?” I shook my head to say no. Was it to show others that you’re in a relationship? “They are eternal love bracelets that tie lovers’ fate. They say that even if you part from your lover, this bracelet will bring you two back together in the end. Isn’t it ridiculous? But, I was believing on it, though.” He stared still on what he called eternal bracelet and I suddenly felt the sadness brought by his gaze on it. “Because of this, I still believe that Ra On and I will have a happy ending. Will that ever happen?”

I smiled at him to cheer him up. “You will. Just have faith and you will. Whenever you’ll be able to claim your happy ending with her, better tell me right away, ne? I want you to be happy with her. You both already have gone too far and experience a lot of things, just because of loving each other so much.”

“Yoo Jung-ah,” he responded instead. I gave him a look asking why. “Does something hurt? Why are you crying?” I immediately touched my face and was astonished when I felt something wet on my cheeks. Was I really crying? For what? That was really silly!

He leaned closer to me which surprised me more, took my hands away from my face, and instead wiped my tears through his thumb. He gazed at me, directly on my eyes, and in that moment, I was suddenly lost on his gaze, and realized that something really strange was happening to me, stranger than his sudden appearance on our lives. He stared still at my eyes and mumbled, “Why are you crying? And why does it hurt me seeing pain in your eyes?”