happier.

I will update after 20 comments please don't spam, thank you! ❤️

[RILEY MATTHEWS]

Tuesday, September 29th.

I threw my bag on the ground before falling down right on the couch.

University is hard. I think we're all struggling with it... Lucas, Zay, and mostly Maya. Maya was never too good with school, she just likes to live life and be free. But I think she's been taking it well.

And... Farkle well he's always been great with school. I don't believe there is any problem there.

I can't even think. My head feels like a million tiny fists are punching it.

I rubbed my eyes.

I took a deep breath.

I stood up and walked over to the kitchen. I grabbed a glass and filled it with tap water. I took the Advil bottle and took two out and downed them.

• • •

I was awoken from hearing the front door slam. I sat up in my bed. I checked the time on my phone.

7:34pm

Shit I fell asleep again.

I stood up and walked into the living room. I saw Maya leaning up against the front door.

"May-" I was about to ask.

She pushed herself up off the door. She was breathing heavy. "I am completely utterly done!" She yelled. I was taken back by her words. I didn't want to talk but I knew it was right.

"With what? Tell me what is wrong!" I walked closer to her. She stormed to her room and shut the door on my face. I sighed. "Maya..."

"Leave me alone." She said regaining her calm aspect. "PLEASE." She said loudly.

I swallowed hard and nodded before walking to the kitchen.

I opened my Mac and heard the messenger sound. I checked to see one from Lucas.

Luc: hey little Riley, do you know the answers to the paper we did today???

Riley: what did you do to my girl?

Luc: Maya?

Riley: well no shit!

Luc: nothing? Is everything okay? Should I come over?

Riley: I'm sorry... no it's fine. I'll talk to you later.

Luc: okay.

Luc: but I still need the answers!

Luc: Riley?

read by riley at 7:42.

I shut my laptop and heard Maya's bedroom door creak open.

I turned my head to see her.

"I'm dropping out." Maya spoke clearly about university. My eyes widened as she took a seat on the sofa. "I was never too keen on moving away from home just to go to school again." I walked over and sat across from her. "I thought I wanted this but... I just don't."

I was shaken up by this. "but Maya... what do you want?"

She exhaled and put her hands together. "I want to open an art gallery." She smiled letting out a faint chuckle "I want others to learn the importance of art." She had happy tears in her eyes. "And I really want to teach them."

I closed my eyes and sighed. "You want to give art lessons?" I questioned before opening my eyes.

"yeah... I could even teach you guys." She smiled and I scoffed a bit. I looked away then back at her.

"Maya! University is a big deal, it takes a lot to get here and now you just want to throw it away?" I said almost disappointed. "What are you even going to do?"

"I was thinking that I open up a little place down town. I'll teach people everything and be happy about it." She said seriously. "I'll move out... find a place to be where I'm happy."

"I'm going to be alone?" I questioned. She shook her head.

"When I drop out I'll have money to open my business and then while I'm doing that I'll stay here with you." Maya said and I bit my lip.

The only thing audible after she stopped talking was the kids on campus below. "I just want you happy." I said with a smile.

"and that's what I'll be." She replied. I stood up and she did the same. She walked over to me.

Her arms wrapped around me. I smiled then pulled away. "good, because you really deserve it."

I walked to the kitchen and grabbed my laptop and face timed Farkle from it.

"hey!" He cheered.

I smiled at him knowing that one day I'll be happy with him and Maya will be happy for me.