Chapter Twenty

CHAPTER TWENTY : THE TARGET

Everybody was staring at me, watching and waiting.

I looked around, searching for a weapon to show-off. On my left, I saw the Spear and Bow and Arrow section. On my right I saw the dagger, wire, sword, axe section. On my front, I saw the trident, throwing knives and javelin section. The question is, where will I go? Where?

Everybody was waiting for me to pick my weapon.

Back in the camp, during training, there is only one weapon of mine. The throwing knives. 

Cheese was then training me. "Remember to shoot straight. Exert more effort and make sure you are pointing at the head of the dummy." As I threw it, it hit the forehead of the dummy. 

I went near the knife section. There I saw four dummies made out of wood. Surprisingly, Cheese gave me the knives. It was light yet very dangerous. "Thanks." I said. "Shoot straight." He whispered.

Everyone went up to the balcony to see me clearly.

I took a deep breath and aim for the head.

I threw the knife as hard as I can and hit the throat of the dummy #1. I looked up to the balcony and saw everyone whispering. Then I aimed again and try to shoot two kinves at a time.

I took a deep breath and threw my knives. Now, it hit the chest of dummy #3 and the abdomen of dummy #2. I turned and made a twist and threw my last knife and now, it hit the forehead of dummy #4. Then, I looked up and everyone just gave me their serious look. "Hey Benj!" shouted Heidi.

"What?" I said. "Try entering the Pro Room." she said. Then, she pointed to a room near the knife section. Everyone then went down and stood infront of the Pro Room.

To be honest, I dont know the Pro Room. "Heidi!" I shouted. "What?" she asked. "What the hell is a Pro Room?" I asked. "Well, you will fight with you know, moving dummies. Dummies that are smart." said Heidi. Oh my, Moving dummies? Dummies that can dodge.

As we went to front of the Pro Room, I went inside. But a nasty girl pushed me out. "Me first." she said. She was tall, fit and wearing brown braids. She is beautiful yet very scary.

"Who is that?" I asked Heidi. "Oh, she is the strongest Roman girl here." she said. "What is her name?" I asked. "Bert." she said. "Berta." she continued.

Inside, I saw Bert pressing some buttons then spears were coming down from the ceiling. Then it started.

Dummies as tall as her appeared and tried throwing spears at Bert. Yet, Bert was dodging them all. One by one, she was killing them all. She keeps running around the room, throwing her spears. She is really talented. She is a runner though. Runners are the weaklings in the games. After minutes, she was done.

Now, it is my turn. 

I went in and infront of me was a control menu. There is a label saying - Difficulty and Weapon. 

In the difficulty, I pressed Normal and in the weapon I pressed the Throwing knife.

Then there was a voice saying, 3, 2, 1. 

Then the dummies appeared. I threw my knifes at them but I keep missing the target because I keep dodging them because they are way faster than me in throwing knives. I keep bending, turning and yet I couldnt hit them straight. I threw again and killed two. Then three were left. The other dummy threw five knives at me causing me to run away from them. Then I breath, aim and I threw,Killing them three. I saw everybody outside staring at me.

Then they made a circle and talked.

They were planning something I dont know. Maybe, they are planning to kill me. Then, I went out. That's when they spread again.

I am done training. I am done training in the Survival and Weaponry Section. One more left - the Information Section. 

I really do not know what is inside the Information Section though. 

I went inside of it and saw a roman staring at something. 

I went near him. 

He is very tall, skinny and was wearing an eyeglasses. He was serious. He was staring at something. I turned my head and saw a structure. "Woah, is that?" I asked. "Yup. The arena." he said. In the center, there was a big horn and inside of it was the weapons. It was called Cornucopia. Surrounding it was the sixteen plates where we will be standing. "Who are you again?" I asked. "I am Harold." he said.

I really dont know his skill but I think he is the one, you know, planning. I mean he is really smart and, forget it.

Then our time was over.

One day left before the games.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys IM BACK!!! Haha, anyways THANKS FOR READING AND HOPED YOU LIKE IT. Sorry for the grammar, and thank god, we are now close in watching the games! Vote, comment and please add this to your reading lists! Thanks again! :)