Good

Riley weaved the black tie around Tommy's neck into a knot and gently smoothed it over the long sleeved white shirt that fit snug around his chest. He looked down at her with a small smile.

"Where'd you learn that?" He asked, his eyes full of adoration.

"My dad. He always made me knot his ties before a case. Sort of became a ritual." Riley smiled at the memory and absentmindedly put a hand on her stomach. Her mind drifted at the thought of their own child, and what kind of memories they would create. She still hadn't told Tommy, for no reason other than fear of rejection, she kept it bottled in for now.

"So what does he do now?" Tommy broke Riley's train of thought.

"Huh?" Her mind was brought back to reality and she stared at Tommy with a puzzled look.

"Your dad. Who ties his ties?" He sat on the corner of Riley's bed and watched her slip her shoes on.

"Oh. My mother, I guess." She shrugged. Riley stared at herself in the mirror and smiled. Her cheeks were rosy, bruises somewhat gone thanks to Tommy's arnica cream and her eyes were green and bright. She felt happy, loved and a tinge of excitement flowed through her body. Tommy's broad shoulders hovered behind her own as he stared at her reflection as well.

"I don't know what I would do without you, Ri." Tommy said in a gentle voice.

Riley turned and smiled, "I know. Who's going to tie your ties?" She giggled as he pulled her close.

"Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about." Tommy leaned his head down and kissed to top of her bare shoulder. The door creaked open and Anna poked her head in.

"Hi, sorry to interrupt, but we're going to be late." She smiled, and added, "You know how Momma B is with tardiness."

Riley rolled her eyes. "Yeah, please don't remind me." Dinner with her parents wasn't exactly helping her stress levels, but she was glad Anna and Noah were tagging along. She stared at Tommy sympathetically. Her mother was going to eat him alive.

The Omni Hotel brought back unwanted memories of Ryan nearly accosting her at the valet parking station, but Riley held on to Tommy's hand and pushed the memory far into the back of her mind.

"You okay?" Tommy whispered into Riley's ear as they entered the restaurant. She nodded her head and nibbled on her bottom lip nervously. She scanned the restaurant for any sign of her parents but couldn't find them.

Maybe we really aren't ten minutes late... Riley thought.

"I'm fine, why." She answered.

"Because you're squeezing the hell out of my hand." He said laughing.

"Oh, shit. Sorry." She let go of his hand and stuffed her own into her pockets.

"Riley Mae! The language, please." Elizabeth, arched a skinny brow at her daughter. Riley reached for Tommy's hand again and squeezed.

"Hi Mom." She hugged her with one arm because she refused to let go of Tommy's hand.

"Hello darling. How are you feeling? You look much better, I must say." She smiled, and patted down some of Riley's hair. Turning to the rest of the group, she spoke like the matriarch that she was. "Hello, Thomas. Anna, Noah. Good to see you all again."

"Hi, Mrs. B. Sorry we were late." Anna pressed her lips together in a smile.

"Yes, well. I am quite used to waiting..."

Riley cut her Mom off, "Where's Dad and Jack?"

"They're waiting in the private room. Right this way." Her mother walked with such poise and posture, that Riley often questioned where she got her own mannerisms from. But then remembered listening to her father curse at his colleagues on the phone and his bad habit of cracking knuckles.