Chapter 18 - A surprised punishment

Chapter 18 – A surprised punishment

Death had been sitting on the side of the bed for a few hours, Tanith had been trying to seduce Death but she had no luck till the point that she fell asleep on her own,  Death had been thinking about Eleanor and that she wants simple things in life, she sighed and fell back on the bed staring up, his view was then slowly interrupted by Taniths face as she kissed him on the lips, Death dodnt close his eyes, move or even pout his lips to receive it, Tanith could feel that he was cold, colder than normal, she pulled away and looked at him and said “whats the matter dear? Are you letting that stupid human get to you?”

Death didn’t say a word as he thought about it more, more about Eleanor and what she wants or what is she after, she said she is simple yet it feels more complex to him, he is used to have to lavish women with gifts of pure luxury and yet Eleanor would turn them down at the blink of a eye, Death had taken the potion from Harriet and used it on the wall and yet she hasn’t said a word about it by now, he sighed as Tanith gasped in horror as she shrieked “My hair has changed to bright PINK!”

Death looked over and slightly smiled, he stood up and sighed and said “i need to get to my work, Branwen will be here soon”

Tanith was too busy sitting in front of a mirror looking at her hair trying to brush it hard with the look of fear on her face, Death shook his head and got undressed and changed into his navy blue suit, he looked at Tanith and then closed the door behind him, he looked around and sighed, down the hall he could hair the sound shoes coming down the hall, he waited until he saw Harriet come round the corner with a smile on her, her hair had changed a peachy colour, Death looked at her confused but then sighed, Harriet approached him and said “hay, you off out again?”

Death nodded “yeah, more souls just waiting for Branwen to get here”

Harriet smiled as she walked off she turned and said “oh, i saw Eleanor today she was glad about the wall but shouldn’t you tell her it was your idea?”

Death sighed “i do intend on talking to her about it”

Harriet smiled “oh by the way did you know you can walk through it?”

Death looked confused “really?”

Harriet kept her smile “yes, didn’t i tell you that?”

Death shook his head as Harriet shrugged and walked off, Death waited for Branwen as he came in a cawed, Death smiled “more souls, so lets get going shall we”

Branwen Cawed again as Death said “no there isn’t anything different about me, my cloak is waiting in the usual spot along with the pouch”

Death had entered the human world and followed Branwen down some very narrow streets and past tall houses, again in the human world it was dark and the moon was at a crescent stage, Branwen had told him it was a few souls, a small group had died in a fire, Death came to a large burnt down house with two constables waiting outside the burnt down building, one looked at the other and said “are we getting paid to just stand here”

The other constable looked at the young one and said “look lad were getting paid the same rate, no extra”

Death walked by as the young one shivered and said “wow, did it just get cold?”

Death had walked into the opening, around him was the charred remains of wood and burnt out sofas and paintings, as he walked into a kitchen he noticed three souls laughing and drinking some ghost drinks, they were drunk when they died and they were drunk as ghosts, Death approached them as they stopped there merry making, Death approached with a slow walk as he said “do you know who i am?”