Chapter 2 - Apocalypse at the dinner table

Chapter 2

Apocalypse at the dinner table

The warm fire flickered and crackled allowing a warm heat and glow to feel the cold empty room, a soul occupier sat in a large chair made of cow hide and ivory bone, he wriggled and turned in his chair staring into the fire, his shadow being cast, he hated it, he hated every fibre it, but has to wear it, only once for this meeting and dinner, his eyes narrowed as the fire burned on his reflecting the devil within, he began to get more frustrated as he started to scratch his chest, his suit was made of velvet with a reddish plum colour to it, his shirt white along with his cravat, on the lapels he has brass embroidery making a swivel pattern, his trousers were black with a large brown belt to support them, black shocks with chestnut red knee high leather boots, it was all a tight fit for him but it was loose enough for him to manoeuvre around freely, he wanted it off, he wanted it all off, apart from the boots as he starred down at them wondering if they could be custom made to fit some metal plating into them.

He sighed as he leaned on one arm of the chair while his other hand started to tap, slower at first, getting faster as he gets more and more agitated, he shifted his arm from one to the other, still tapping, he stood up pacing in front of the fire, he started to pull at his cuffs and his cravat, his mood became more frustrated as he started pace more and more, his mind thinking about the table dinner but more pressing matters were on his mind This fucking suit is pissing me off!

At the mere thought he let out a loud yell and roar as he tried to tear it off him but to no avail, he stopped puffing and panting like a worn out old war dog, he sighed and looked at his suit, no scratch, no tears, not even looks ruffled or even one small crease, he looked it all over and sighed “for Christ sake, why do i have to wear this thing, its driving me nuts”

 Death stood at the door frame watching war go nuts over his suit “war its only once, plus you ripped the last one”

War stared at Death, his eyes cold as ever “I know but you know how i feel about these things, it’s not me, i hate these things it makes me.... well.... poofy”

Death walked in and placed his hand on War’s shoulder guiding him towards the door and out of the room saying “well then a poofy look it will have to be, now come the other two should be on there way”

A lone stranger on a horse that is neither dead nor alive, most of its skin was rotting away to the point where it was showing bone, his mane was short but well groomed as well as his tale, the horse looked blind in one eye, it was a majestic but ugly creature, each step it took left a shallow hoof mark, it wasn’t even panting or breathing, on it back was its rider, wearing a all leather outfit, leather boots, with dark brown leather trousers tucked into them, a cream coloured shirt tucked into the trousers with braces holding them up, he also had a dark brown leather coat on with dark leather gloves and hat to match, around his mouth was a gray coloured scarf, he also wore a pair of blue tinted spectacles, he looked up from taking a nap while riding the horse as he said “well it looks like we have arrived”

As he approached the front door he dismounted the horse and knocked on the large wooden door, waiting for it to be opened, as it did he slipped in the gap that was offered by the open door, the ghostly butler was nearly pushed off his feat, the stranger fully cloaked apologised to the ghost while tipping his hat, he carried on walking down the halls at a fast pace while a ghost globe try to keep up with him, he didn’t need to look left or right he knew exactly where he was going, along his way he past more ghost servants and even hob goblins all at work until he came to another large double door, he waited until it opened by itself, on the other side on either door was two ghost footmen who bowed as the man walked in, another foot man shouted out “Lord Pestilence”