Chapter 17 - Work while you Work

Chapter 17 – Work while you Work

It had been a few days down the line since Eleanor had caught Death in bed with a few of the girls, her idea was simple, keep working, keep busy, keep out of his way so she won’t have to talk to him, but as time went on it slowly took its toll, she began to feel more tired as she did her work, it wasn’t the case that she was working quickly, she was taking all the jobs she could find to the point she was taking over other ghosts work, Death had been waiting for these two days to say he was sorry and he wanted to make it up to her, he would sit at his chair and waited or he would wonder around the castle of his own to find her, she was always one step ahead of him, Death found this agitating, at first he could understand why in some aspect but not in others or the way War and Famine see it.

Four days in total had passed with Death becoming more agitated, he had to continue his work collecting souls but it had been quiet with reports of attacks, it still made him weary, Heaven and Hell are are still getting there income of souls but Death was quick so he could try and catch up with Eleanor but still to no luck, he cursed as he called out for Angelina, she came as quickly as she could and bowed in front of Death as she said “yes master?”

Death looked at her with one arm on his chin while pacing up and down slightly, he said “where is Eleanor?”

Angelina sighed “well you see my lord she has taken up doing chores”

Death sighed “i know but how come i never find her?”

Angelina looked awkward as she said “well you see, she has taken up everyone else chores as well, all she mumbled was that she wanted to stay away from you, master”

Death clenched his fists “what!? She has been doing extra work to avoid me?”

Angelina nodded “yes i am afraid”

Death sighed “ok when you see her could you send her my way please i need to talk to her”

Angelina nodded and curtsied as she wondered off, War was sitting at his chair with a slight chuckle as he said “no ya see what the girl is doing to herself to avoid you, the least you could have done was close the door”

Death looked at him with a confused face “what do you mean closed the door what has that got to do with anything?”

War shrugged “probably nothing or something”

Death rolled his eyes, as he walked around the castle, he started to ask his servants questions about Eleanor, each one was pointing this way and that, eventually it came to a point where nobody had seen her, he searched nad search and asked question until he came to Pestilence, he looked at him and said “have you seen Eleanor?”

Pestilence shook his head and said “no”

Death sighed in anger “well has anybody seen her?”

Pestilence smiled slightly “ever thought about that she does not want to be seen by you?”

Death looked up and back at Pestilence and said “yes i know but i am getting worried, nobody had seen her all day”

Pestilence looked at him with a slight worry look “strange, well shall we get looking for her?”

Death sighed “i guess, spread it round i would like her found”

Pestilence looked at him “and Branwen?”

Death thought about it “Branwen, he has been gone looking for a soul i lost the otherday”

Pestilence sighed “ok, i guess we do it the hard way, oh by the way here is your gloves”