Chapter 22

(A/N: Sorry I haven't written in a very long time. I've had a very busy few months and been suffering with extreme illness. In case you haven't seen the message I sent out to everyone, I'm now 7 months pregnant with my first baby. It's a boy and everything is going well. I am finally on the mend with morning sickness. I was throwing up 30+ times a day and being in and out of hospital was difficult. But i am feeling a lot better. I've been trying to return back to writing this past month but i've just been struggling with ideas and inspiration. 

Please let me know what you think of this chapter. thank you all. x  ) 

-

When the morning alarm goes off, Harry doesn't want to open his eyes. But the sound of his alarm blaring was beginning to get really irritating and he was pretty sure his mother was 30 seconds away from storming into the room and start yelling. With his eyes closed, he reaches over to his phone and quickly switches it off. He lays in the dark for a few more moments, registering what had really occurred yesterday. The memories plagued his dreams throughout the night. But it was probably the best sleep he's had in a very long time. Harry swears he's intoxicated with the memory of how Louis felt, and how he tastes. He wanted to feel that forever. If he could go back in time and pause it, he would. He'd do anything to make it possible.

He clenches his jaw and forces himself out of that thinking process, and sits up. He can't help but feel the slight twinge of anxiety as he thinks about how he will have to see Louis today. How can he look at his teacher and act normal knowing what had happened? His hands begin to sweat and he wipes them on his pants while trying to focus on getting himself ready. The more he thinks of the situation the worse he'll end up feeling.

"Harry, breakfast!" He hears his mum yell from the kitchen.

"Coming! Just getting ready. Be down in a second," He yells back.

+++++

On the opposite hand, Louis felt like he had been hit by a truck. He felt like he didn't get a wink of sleep. He had spent the entire night tossing and turning, playing out what happened in his head and thinking of every single repercussion from it. The anxiety he felt was debilitating. He didn't want to face Harry. He really didn't. But he knows he has to. He has to talk to him about it in a serious, mature and adult matter. And most of all, keep it strictly professional. He can't give into his urges. He's already monumentally fucked up, but he needs to try and keep the situation under the control. He considers taking a sick day, and taking advantage of his abundance of alcohol in his cupboard. But he has to remind himself that alcohol will not cure anything. It's a temporary solution to a permanent problem. He will have to face it eventually.

His usual morning coffee did nothing but make him feel more jittery than he was before, and give him the urge to be violently ill. He stays in his car for as long as he possibly can, procrastinating walking into his office and preparing for the day. Eventually he builds up the courage to leave and head to his office. While he's walking, he plays out all the different ways to approach the situation. Each one ending worse than the other. This was going to be a really, really long day.

++

It was a genuine surprise when Harry hears his name being called as he walks down the hallways that morning. There's only a select few students around at this time, and Harry's come to know the sound of this particular voice. He doesn't know whether he should stop and turn or just choose to ignore it and keep walking. Every fibre of his being aches to turn around and look at Louis. God, he really does. He clenches his jaw and wills himself to keep walking. He doesn't want to deal with it this soon. He hasn't prepared himself enough for this moment. And right now, he doesn't want to involve himself further in this shit show. Harry probably takes a further 5 steps, if that, before there is a hand tightly gripping his shoulder. It sends an electric current straight down his spine and he immediately spins around. He's instantly met with Louis' warm blue eyes. He physically feels the air getting knocked out of him.