Chapter 8

The next few hours is a blur. Louis does spend his afternoon in the nurse's office, staring at the tiles. His head is swimming in a daze, and he doesn't feel like he's in his own body. People's voices were basically inaudible, and Louis' body was numb. This feeling was triggered once Louis had realized Liam's blood was smeared on his hands. Liam was okay and didn't have any broken bones, which was the main priority in Louis' eyes but he was still concerned. By the time the school day had come to a close, Louis spent almost half an hour in his office staring at his desk, with the unsettling feeling of nausea building in the pits of his stomach. He's barely even realizes Harry when he walks in. It's when he clears his voice loudly, that Louis is snapped back to reality and is looking at Harry through dead eyes.

"I thought I'd come and say thanks again for looking after Liam," Harry runs a hand through his hair, awkwardly.

"You don't need to thank me. He was hurt, I did the same for you as well. Physical abuse is something I will never stand for,"

"Is he okay? I just went to the nurse's office to see how he was doing, but she said he had just gotten picked up by his mum,"

Louis grits his teeth and breathes heavily trying to keep himself in check. This unsettling feeling was getting worse, and he knows if he doesn't get out of this environment right now, he will either pass out or vomit.

"Yeah, yeah. He's fine. Nothing's broken and the nurse cleaned up all the blood. He will probably just look really messed up for the next couple weeks. I believe he will look worse than you though," Louis tries not to smirk as Harry's face deflates

"Yeah alright. Those bruises didn't last long, okay? It was one hit. I would rather talk about anything but that. This is about Liam right now,"

"I've just told you everything I know. Shouldn't you be going somewhere, like home?" Louis glares at the boy

Harry just stares back, his face soft and it's like he's completely ignoring Louis' bad mood just to piss him off more. Louis uses one hand to tightly grip his desk, and he swears if he grips it any harder, his nails will leave indents in it.

"I just...I don't know. I guess I was wondering what is going to happen with Zayn?"

"I will need to talk to the principal to see if I am able to get him removed from my class. There may not be any other subjects available on this line,"

"Art," Harry replies nonchalantly

"You left that subject for drama didn't you?" Louis hums to himself, his brain whirring

"Yeah. There might be a spot there for him. He'd probably do swimmingly," Harry shrugs

"Well. I'll look into that. Thanks Harry,"

Louis looks back down at his desk. The number of papers are now starting to stack up, and he knows there isn't a way in hell he will get this done if Harry doesn't leave. Between Harry always being annoying and showing up and Eleanor trying to work things out every second of the day, Louis barely has a second to think let alone mark.

"Is there anything else? I need to mark and I'm quite ill right now," Louis swallows, looking up at Harry and frowning when he realizes Harry has taken a seat

The boy looks nervous slightly, and Louis realizes the kid is sweating slightly on the forehead. His skin is paler than usual, and his shoulders seem tense. Harry runs a hand through his hair again, and Louis thinks that this is a nervous habit of his.

"Are you quite alright?" Louis stares

"Yeah. I..I just need to talk to you about some stuff. I know you're probably not the person to be talking to about it, but I feel like I trust you over any other teachers here. I don't know why," Harry swallows