Chapter XLII - A Burnt and Black Heaven

* * * * * *

Taekwoon was surprised to see who attacked him suddenly. Surprised to see how furious and foreign Hakyeon looked at him. As if Hakyeon was someone else.

It wasn't the Cha Hakyeon he knew of.

This one was full of wrath and evil. A full intent to kill him. Charging at him with all his might.

Taekwoon didn't know what to do except to dodge the latter's attacks at all cause. He couldn't find it himself to attack back until he could fully understand what was going on.

The four who had fallen and weak realized that the Moon in which Hakyeon possessed could no longer hold the older back. The sorrows and darkness was too much for Cha Hakyeon to handle alone. Losing Soo-ah became too much for him and he was too tired to fight any longer.

He gave up.

'Stop Hakyeon-ah! You need to fight back and come to your senses!' Jaehwan ran up to try to stop the Dark Hakyeon.

But the Hakyeon in front of them could no longer hear their voices. Instead, Hakyeon attacked Jaehwan on sight.

Jaehwan tried to defend against Hakyeon's attack with his blade in front to guard him but he was only human now and too weak to take on Hakyeon's powers. He immediately got shot backwards, and landed hard on the marble flooring.

'Dammit Cha Hakyeon! Don't make me fight you too!' Ravi shouted as he saw Jaehwan's body land across the room. He tried to put a barrier around himself and casted a powerful spell to ward off Hakyeon's powers but it didn't work. Instead, Hakyeon absorbed those witch magic and deflected straight back at Ravi.

'What... is going on?' Taekwoon still unable to find the answers to the situation and seeing Hakyeon hurt his companions bewildered him even more. 'Why...'

Since when was Hakyeon this strong? This powerful? And... this evil?

'Master! Watch out!' Hyuk pushed Taekwoon aside as he saw Hakyeon launch a powerful lightning attack against his master. Taekwoon managed to get away from the attack but Hyuk took the damage instead.

'Hyuk-ah!' Taekwoon shouted out after realizing that his loyal hellhound took the damage for him. Why did Hyuk stand up for him after trying to betray him and brought these unexpected people to interfere with his isolation?

'You need to stop Hakyeon. He's being controlled by the darkness and even the Moon can't hold back his powers anymore.' Hyuk told Taekwoon.

'What are you talking about?'

'He's a Demigod. He's only half of a human. His mother was the Goddess of the Moon who guarded the heirloom here in the Underworld before she escaped to the mortal realm. The darkness and evil of the Underworld flows within Hakyeon's blood. Just like you master.'

Taekwoon was too stunned by the sudden truth that was laid before him. What Hyuk said made sense though. The Cha Hakyeon that was attacking them aimlessly was not the same 'lifelong' friend and lover he once knew. He thought he knew everything about the boy but Taekwoon was utterly wrong. Too wrong.

He knew nothing of the boy named Cha Hakyeon.

* * * * * *

Hongbin saw that everyone was getting hurt in the process of trying to stop the evil Hakyeon and Taekwoon was too shocked and weakened by the fact to do anything. He was the only one to remain. He had to be strong. He has to stop Hakyeon before it was too late.

Hongbin took everything within him, every last bit of magic he could bring out in order to fight against Hakyeon.

'Hyung! Come to your senses please! You're hurting everyone! Stop! Please!' He shouted and tried to snap Hakyeon back to normal. But nothing could be heard in the state in which Hakyeon was in right now.