[ Chapter IX ] - Resolution

Instead of heading straight home like usual, Taekwoon went to the swamps instead. He didn't know why but he felt like there could be answers there. As if, Ravi could help somehow...

Wait, that's right! The drawing! Taekwoon suddenly remembered and picked up his pace as he headed towards the cottage. He never got the chance to ask why there was a drawing of the exact same door as the one he occasionally visited in his secret little place. He was too distracted by his battle with Ravi that time on top of helping Hyuk.

* * * * * *

The land felt a lot cooler than the time Taekwoon had first stepped onto. It seems like Ravi was taking a break after his battle with Taekwoon. He used so much magic during that time that he needed to replenish his powers and for some reason, Ravi predicted that Taekwoon would visit from time to time. Somewhere deep down, Ravi probably wanted someone to company him and despite how he looked, he was warm-hearted and caring. He had his guards up when he first met Taekwoon but he felt that the young master was different from the rest, slightly resembling himself. He was also worried about whether or not Hyuk's wounds have completely healed from their battle. He had a soft spot for animals, especially dogs even if they're hellhounds or if they had three heads...

"So? What brings you here?" Ravi asked Taekwoon the moment the door was opened.

He stole a glance at Taekwoon's sides to see if Hyuk was accompanying his master but unfortunately, Hyuk wasn't. Ravi was slightly disappointed.

"I want to ask about that picture," Taekwoon pointed at the mysterious drawing on the wall.

"Huh?"

The drawing of the door didn't just resemble the door in Taekwoon and Hakyeon's secret base but it was a complete replica of it.

A door without a knob...

Ravi and Taekwoon sat at the living room and looked at one another in silence. How does one start a conversation about a door? Or the possibility of crossing to the other world when everyone knew it was illegal to do so. It was a forbidden topic that no one would dare to talk about.

"Well, what of that picture?" Ravi finally said.

"Um... It looks familiar," Taekwoon replied.

"Oh? Does it now?"

Silence.

Should Taekwoon tell Ravi about his secret meetings with a mortal for the past decade? How much can Taekwoon trust Ravi though?

"Cough it up, you're hiding something aren't you? I won't tell you if you can't tell me why you suddenly decide to show up at my place and interested in that picture."

"I... I've seen that door. In the Forest of Nightmares on the outskirts of town." Taekwoon hesitated.

"And? There's more to that right?" Ravi could feel that Taekwoon was hiding something and he knew exactly how to make Taekwoon spill his secrets.

"I met... a mortal on the other side. Well, more like talked to him."

"Oh."

Ravi didn't seem too surprised. In fact, it seemed like he was expecting it.

"Do you know something about that door?" Taekwoon asked.

"You really don't know anything about that door huh? Let me guess, you want to cross the other side don't you?"

Correct.

Ravi seemed to know everything that Taekwoon was thinking of or Taekwoon was too much like an open book.