[Chapter XX] - Confessions

The two of them were sitting side by side next to one another on the bed. Hakyeon was still holding onto Taekwoon's wrist but refusing to say anything at all. Taekwoon didn't say anything and only waited patiently for Hakyeon.

It was strange. The Hakyeon that Taekwoon knew of would say everything he had on his mind no matter what it was. Whether it was something sad or something happy. But for some reason, Hakyeon was different today. Is it harder to speak up when they're actually sitting next to one another instead of being blocked by a door? Why was his friend acting so differently with him now that they've actually met?

Since Hakyeon didn't feel like saying anything after a long time or obviously upset about something, Taekwoon decided to he should leave the room to give him some space. But as soon as he got up, Hakyeon pulled onto his wrist even harder, causing him to flop back down on the bed.

"Don't go," Taekwoon could hear Hakyeon muttering those words.

"Please Hakyeon. Can't you just tell me what's wrong? I need to know what's on your mind to be able to help you."

"Don't go. Stay here. Stay with me. Don't go anywhere. I don't want you to go anywhere. Don't leave me." Hakyeon lost himself as he spoke. He fought his tears but gave up in the end. He didn't know how to stop them. He was desperate.

Taekwoon questioned why Hakyeon was like that. Why was he so desperate in not letting Taekwoon go? Taekwoon decides to confirm his suspicion.

"Hakyeon-ah, why? Why don't you want me to leave? Is it because I'm your lifelong friend? But don't you have many other friends too? Like Jaehwan or even Soo-ah."

"They're different... They're not like you. No one can be like you. You're Jung Taekwoon."

"What are you saying?" Taekwoon slowly questioning Hakyeon's behavior. "Be honest with me, Hakyeon... do you possibly... like me?"

Hakyeon didn't say anything. Taekwoon was also beginning to lose his patience with his indecisive friend. Why isn't he saying anything? Taekwoon decided he's had enough waiting for an answer and flung his arms out of Hakyeon's grasp. Just as he opened the door to leave...

"Wait!"

Hakyeon ran up behind Taekwoon and held him tightly from behind. Hakyeon's arms wrapped around Taekwoon's waist and buried his face deep into Taekwoon's back, refusing to let go.

"I do! I do like you!" Hakyeon cried out.

The answer he was looking for since Taekwoon got injured, was finally answered. The happiness, the sadness, the worries, and slight jealousy he's been having was all because of Taekwoon. He fell in love. Exactly when though? Maybe when he finally met his friend for the first time at the mayor's mansion? Or was it far back to when they first met at their secret base? He was too desperate and couldn't let Taekwoon go.

Taekwoon thought he was hearing things or in a dream. But when Hakyeon's hug got tighter, he has realized that the jabbing pain meant reality. Hakyeon had confessed to him first and so persistently. Taekwoon was happy and touched by his friend's confession. He couldn't help but also tear up a little. He turned around to look at Hakyeon's face, who kept trying to hide it by looking towards the floor. Taekwoon brought Hakyeon's face up to see it, to confirm whether or not the confession was real. But it was real. Hakyeon's eyes were still so red from his tears but his cheeks and ears were beaming red. He was embarrassed for his confession.

"Hakyeon-ah..."

"Wait! Don't say it! I don't want to hear it! I just couldn't control myself!" Hakyeon was so embarrassed with himself when he finally realized he had confessed to his lifelong friend.