Chapter 4

I bet Aiden would be like some majorly messed up jackass… I mean if he really murdered Trey’s mother and raped mine… He must be an extremely horrible person.

“Jacee… You should go home.” Trey was right behind me.

“…I want to find Aiden, I want to meet him. I want to ask if he knows about me and why he did what he did to my mother…” I began crying, it isn’t fair. Jayson and Cori have a perfect life practically… Laci and Jeydon are married. But, my mom was raped by my dad… So, my life is even more complicated than I once thought.

“Jacee… You don’t ever want to meet Aiden, he’ll hurt you…” Trey sighed, grabbing onto my wrists again.

I pulled my arms away. “How do you now that?” I crossed my arms over my chest.

“I’ve heard nothing but bad things about Aiden… And the horrible things he likes to do to girls.”

I ended up crying more and throwing myself into Trey’s arms. “…I know, I don’t want to be his kid.” I pulled away from Trey and half-heartedly smiled. “I just want to be a normal girl, with a normal family, living a normal life.”

“Normal is overrated.” Trey laughed.

I looked up at the sky; it must be like One AM or something.

I sighed. “I guess your right… Why did you follow me? Because, you got what you wanted, you can go home now.” I looked down to the ground.

“Hah, what home Jacee? Home is supposed to be where your family is, where you feel loved, important even… I live alone… You have Jeydon, who might not be your biological father and Cori and Jayson might be your half brother and sister… But they sure do love you. You should be so grateful for them.” Trey turned around and began walking away.

I ran to him and jumped on his back. “Why don’t you live with me… my family for a while?”

“Would your mom even allow me?” Trey pushed me off of him and turned around to face me.

I bit my lower lip and blushed. “I’ll try to get her to say yes.’

“Alright then.”

We walked home together, my mom and Jeydon were sitting on the couch together.

“Hey mom…” I don’t know if I can ask for not. “Um…” Jacee, stop being stupid, just force yourself to ask! “Can Trey live with us?’ I looked down.

“Sounds like a good idea; after all he is your brother.”

“Mom, please don’t yell at me!” I froze yelling that until I realized what my mom said. “Trey… Can live with us?”

“Yeah, Jeydon mentioned something about it and how it might be a good idea, since he is your brother and all. He can sleep here in the living room and move into Jayson’s room when we move Evan into the basement to live with his parents.”

“Yay!” I cheered.

“But go to bed now, Jacee, you have school in the morning… And Trey Jeydon will bring you a pillow and blanket in a second.” My mom left the room, Jeydon following her.

I turned to Trey and shrugged. “Goodnight.” I went off to bed.

She was twirling around in a circle, a beautiful blonde hair blue eyed little girl. She was surrounded by monsters. Crawling up and grabbing her feet, the girl didn’t notice and just kept on dancing. The rain began pouring down and the girl stopped and looked up and then around her. She looked at me, her eyes gleaming with fear. What has this world become? A hurtful world surrounded by monsters. Her eyes had a sweet sadness in them; it shot a pain in my heart. I wanted her to stop looking at me dead in the eye, but this little girl wouldn’t look away.

“Stop.” I said, not looking away.

She was so beautiful, so sad… This world that was once so beautiful, is now so dark.

I opened my eyes; Cori was sitting at the bottom of my bed staring at me.

“What do you want?” I sat myself up.

She pointed to me. “You were screaming sttoooop.” Cori said in a cute voice.

“I’m sorry, I’m fine.” I patted her back. “Go back to bed, Cori.”

Cori nodded and went to bed.

I got up and went downstairs, it’s time for school. I’m late, man this sucks… Hm, Trey isn’t here either.

I opened my parents door, Jeydon was asleep under the covers.

“Why didn’t you wake me up?” I swung“What the hell Jeydon?” I tugged the covers off of him and he rolled off the bed.

“Ouch, Jacee, next time that you wake me… Could you possibly be gentler?” Jeydon stood up.

I rolled my eyes. “Why didn’t you wake me up? Now, I’m late for school!”

“Your mom said to let you sleep in, since you were up late last night.”

“You have to be lying about that… Mom is very strict and wouldn’t allow that.”

“Yeah… She told me to tell you, that you’re taking the day off from school.”Jeydon crawled back into bed.

He has to be kidding me. “Why would mom allow that?”

“Like I said, because you were up late last night…”

“JEYDON WHAT ELSE?!?” I yelled.

“Okay, fine… She wants to take you to the doctor to get you checked out… Because of the night of the party…”

“Really?”

“Yeah, she’s worried you might’ve been raped or something… Especially since you can’t remember… And she doesn’t want you having a teenage pregnancy like she did.”