Chapter 3

“Let go of me!” I yelled, when he took me to his car – it was that mysterious boy I knocked into at school today.

Oh my God… What the hell could he want?

“I need you.” He mumbled in a husky voice.

“For what?” I squinted my eyes. “If you needed me, you could’ve just asked politely!”

“You wouldn’t agree to what I’m asking.” He answered hastily.

“And what is that?”

“I want to take my dad down.”

“…And I fit into this how? I assure you, whoever you are, that I don’t know your father.” Is he crazy? I think he might be seriously crazy.

“My father is Aiden Welks… He killed my mother and you’re his daughter. You are Jacee Marie René, right?”

“Yeah that’s me… But, um, look I don’t know a guy name Aiden Welks or my biological father. You’ll have to ask my mom about him… So I’m going to be honest, it’s pretty stupid of you to kidnap me, so… you should really let me go.”

The boy sighed and untied my wrists. “Fine… Can I at least meet your mother?”

“That depends… What are your intentions once you find that Aiden guy?”

“I want to know why he killed my mother and why did he just left me… And why he has other kids… with other women. Like, what did my mom do wrong to him?”

“I have another question.”

“Ask?”

“What’s your name?”

“…My name? It’s Trey… Trey Davis…”

“Ah, well, Trey Davis will you take me home now?”

“Depends, can I talk to your mother for real?”

“If you want, but to be honest, she probably won’t give you much information. I’ve asked about my biological father a lot, but she’s always very brief with me… So, I’m kind of guessing she doesn’t like him or to talk about him very much… But that’s only if Aiden Welks is our father, like you say he is.”

30 minutes later or so, Trey ended up at my house and we stood in front of my angry mother.

But of course, you’d think she’d be angry because I snuck out and came home with a boy or that I was out past curfew… Oh, but of course not, she’s mad because I left the house while I was grounded.

“Anyway, Mrs. Baker… I have a question for you.” Trey said loud and clear.

“What is it?” My mom turned her attention from me to Trey.

“Can you tell me something about Aiden Welks?”

My mom’s reaction for his name was priceless, and I know how cliché that sounds – but it’s true. “What makes you bring him up?”

“…He’s my father. Does his name ring a bell?”

“Who’s name?” Jeydon walked into the room.

“Aiden Welks…” Trey said, like it was tiring for him to have to repeat himself.

“Laci…” Jeydon stared blankly at my mom.

“Did he send you here?” My mom looked down at the ground, with a guilty face.

“No. I’m actually looking for him, I’m wondering where he is… I found out I have a half-sister and her name’s Jacee... I’m sorry to intrude ma’am but I come from Oklahoma and I wanted to find out why he killed my mother.” Trey leaned against the wall, as if he was trying to relax.

“Tell me the real reason you want to find him?” My mother fixed her eyes on the ground, and continued talking to Trey.

“I want to avenge my mother’s death.”

“If you’re going to kill him, your stupid… and then that makes you no better than him…”

So, Trey lied to me? Is everyone in this world liars? My mom knows more about my father… then she ever told me.

“Your right, I could go to jail… But, I at least want to find him to know why he killed my mother.”

“He probably did it for the same reason he…” My mom paused and looked at me, with complete and total sadness in her eyes, “raped me.”

“And what reason would that be?” Trey tucked his hands into his pockets.

“He felt like it.” My mom took her eyes off of me and looked to Trey

Trey shook his head. “So, I’m guessing he’s Jacee’s father?”

My mom nodded, with tears in her eyes. “Sadly, yeah… I love her though and I’m very happy I have her.”

“So… my dad raped you…” I began crying, if this is true then I wish I was never born… It’s so horrible…

“Yes, Jacee… And because of what he did I had you and I met extremely wonderful people that I’m very thankful for.”

“…But I wasn’t meant to be born intentionally…” Or even out of love. It was more out of fear… I shook my head. “I think I’m going to go.” I quickly ran out the door.

Trey was right behind me and stopped me as soon as I reached the stop sign.

“Jacee, what’s wrong?” He gripped onto my wrist so I couldn’t run away.

“Hm, let’s think… my mom told me growing up that I was the best thing that ever happened to her – despite that Jeydon isn’t my real father… I would’ve never guessed my real father would be that bad… I kind of just assumed he cheated on her.” I wiggled my wrist out of Trey’s hands and laid my hands on my hips.

“Ah, that’s why you never make assumptions.”

“Aiden Welks, huh? Since he’s my father, I want to meet him… But since he raped my mother, I don’t know if I should be grateful, because what he did caused me to be able to be alive… Or if I should cut off his manly parts.” I shook my head.

I wonder who Aiden is.