Chapter One

“I plan to date the hottest chick at Sheffield Academy!” Jayson declared.

I slapped him. “What girl would want to date you?”

Evan chuckled and Jayson blushed, he was embarrassed.

I grabbed a hold of Evan’s hand and Jayson’s hand.

They were like brothers to me.

Well, Jayson is my half-brother and Evan is a family friend’s adoptive son.

Evan and me have a lot in common.

We both don’t know our real dad.

I’ve always know Jeydon isn’t my real dad, but you know, he raised me… So in a sort of way, he IS my dad.

And Evan always known he was adopted… So, Stella and Shawn aren’t his real parents.

As soon as Jayson walked ahead of Evan and me, Evan turned to me. “I want to find my birth parents… So, I need your help.” He paused for a moment, and when I didn’t reply – he went on talking. “In return I can help you find your real father.”

“No thanks.” I held up my hand. “If my real father loved me at all, he would be the one raising me.” I let go of Evan’s hand and walked ahead – following Jayson home.

We lived in a town house, that was two stories high – three bedrooms and a basement.

I shared a bedroom with my four year old little sister – Cori.

And Jayson shared a bedroom with Evan – who was living with us because Stella and Shawn’s house burned down so they have to rebuild it.

So if your wondering why I didn’t live in the basement, it’s because Stella and Shawn occupy it.

Once we got home, my mom was cooking dinner with Stella and Jeydon was playing games with Cori.

“Welcome home.” Shawn said, welcoming us.

“Uh-uh. Thanks.” I went into the kitchen. “Evan bugged me again about finding my real dad and his parents.” I told my mom.

My mom turned away from the stove. “Oh, yeah? What did you say now?”

“That if my real dad loved me at all, he’d be the one raising me.” Though, part of me did want to meet him. I mean, I didn’t even know his name… Mom, Stella, Jeydon, or my grandparents won’t tell me it. I want to know why. Like, what’s so horrible about him that they won’t even bring him up? I want to know him.

Stella coughed and glanced at my mom.

“Good.” My mom smiled half-heartedly.

“I can’t wait for school tomorrow.” Jayson chimed in, yawning as he walked into the kitchen.

“Why?” My mom asked.

“Girls! The girls are supposed to be really hot.” Jayson said, seeming too happy to be true.

Which was probably the case.

My mom shook her head and laughed. “What’s going on in here?” Jeydon asked, coming into the room – wrapping his arms around my mom.

“Jayson is going on about the hot girls at Sheffield Academy.” I blurted out.

Jeydon laughed, letting go of my mom and walked over to Jayson. “Hot girls, huh? There were lot’s of hot girls when I went to school.”

My mom shot daggers at Jeydon.

As if taking the note, Jeydon went on talking. “Kidding, your mom was the only hot girl for me.” Jeydon said, winning some points with my mom.