Chapter 2

Mason, Maybelle and me walked to school. Maybelle loaned me her uniform, thank God.

“So, Mason tells me you woke up naked and you can’t remember last night…” Maybelle tried making small talk on the walk to school.

“Yeah, I’m guessing I streaked or something.” I laughed.

“You probably had sex.” Maybelle blurted as casual as ever.

“I don’t think so…” Sex was a possibility, I am sore in unusual places you can’t imagine to feel sore… But, it wasn’t something that was necessary to know.

“Knowing Mason, you two probably had sex… Mason gets with a lot of girls.” Maybelle twirled around in her uniform.

Mason just coughed. “Maya…”

We went on talking, ignoring Mason.

I giggled, “a lot? What do you mean? How many?”

“Hm… Basically all my friends, most girls at school… Oh, and like Penelop-“

I cut her off, “I get it… There’s a lot.”

Maybelle just smiled because I was understanding and Mason seemed embarrassed, because he stopped talking the rest of the walk to school.

Once we reached to school, my mom stood outside with Jayson, Evan, Jeydon and Cori at her side.

“Jacee where were you?” My mom wrapped her arms around me.

“I… uh… I can’t lie to you… I went to a party with Jayson and Evan at Maya’s and Mason’s… I guess I got drunk or whatever…” I can only remember having one drink, and it was a mountain dew. “Anyway, I can’t remember anything after that, but I woke up naked… Next to Mason.”

My mom slapped Mason as soon as I finished telling her the story. “What the hell did you do to Jacee?” She yelled.

A man ran over to us and pinned my mother down, I thought he was a stranger until I realized that it’s Mr. Sterling Mason’s dad. “Don’t hit my son, he didn’t do anything wrong.”

My mom wiggled, tried to escape the man’s grip but couldn’t until he let her go. “Didn’t do anything wrong? He took advantage of Jacee!”

Mr. Sterling just shook his head. “Mason didn’t do anything.”

“I’m a virgin, Mrs. Baker…” It was clearly obvious that, that was a lie. “Besides, I remember everything from last night… And believe me; sleeping with Jacee wasn’t one of them.” Mason chimed in.

My mom fell to the ground; it was like she was hopeless and couldn’t move. “T-then what happened to her?”

“Maybe she just streaked.” Mr. Sterling suggested

“Hopefully you’re right… Sorry for hitting your son.” My mom was defeated.

“It’s alright.” Mr. Sterling lifted my mom u off the ground by taking her hand. “I’m Adam Sterling, Mason’s and Maybelle’s father – I teach here and I own many personal home businesses thanks to my wife… And your children are perfectly fine in my care, don’t worry… I just didn’t know there was alcohol at the party last night, so forgive me. If you don’t mind me asking, who are you guys?”

“I’m Laci Baker, Jacee is my daughter… And Jayson and Cori are mine and Jeydon’s children.” My mom answered.

“Well it’s nice to meet you all.” Mr. Sterling smiled at my mother, then nodded at me.

Mr. Sterling kind of gave me a creepy vibe. Is that normal?

“…It’s nice to meet you too.” My mom smiled back at him.

After meeting Mr. Sterling, I ventured out in the school, only to knock into this cute boy. “…Sorry.” He started to walk away.

I grabbed his wrist. “You’re cute.” I blurted out.

He just stared at me with his brown eyes, as if I was speaking some foreign language.

“Um, t-thanks.” He stuttered his eyes were wide as can be.

I just bit my lip and blushed, he was so shy. “Um… Would you like to be friends?”

He just looked away, his black hair falling in his face, so I couldn’t see his eyes… And he walked away.

What was wrong with him?

I was trying to be nice.

After knocking into that weirdo, I went to class.

“Jacee!” Charlotte jumped up and ran to me. “Your family’s outside looking for you!” She led me to our desks at the back of the room.

“…I know.” I looked away, were they asking everyone for me?

“Yeah, so you didn’t go home last night?” Charlotte sat down in an empty desk in front of me.

I sat down in the desk next to her. “No… Um, I spent the night at Maybelle’s and Mason’s…” I left out as much detail as necessary.

Mainly because the fact that I woke up naked.

“Oh, well, she seemed extremely worried? Is your mom a paranoid person?” Charlotte passed me a paper.

When I opened it, I saw it was a phone number, so I looked up to her. “Entirely… Um… Why did you pass me this?”

Charlotte pointed to a boy on the other side of her, he looked like a huge nerd – red curly hair and glasses so everything about him was nerdy nearly.

He just smiled at me, so I replied with an awkward wave and smile.

“He passed me it, to give it to you. He thinks you’re cute.” Charlotte told me.

“Tell him… uh… um… thanks?”

This was all too awkward for me, so I turned my attention to a sketch I was doodling until my teacher came into the classroom and took over class.

After school, I went home and as soon as I got home – my mom grounded me… Go figure.

So, I snuck out that night just to walk to the park because she wouldn’t let me leave the house.

I’m still wondering what happened last night.

Who did I have sex with?

I spent the night wandering the walk trails at the park in the moonlight, until someone put their hand over my mouth and whispered in my ear. “Don’t scream.”