20. A Thousand New Goodbyes

I step into the shower and let the water cover me completely, my tears slowly falling. We leave in a few hours, since we spent most of the night at the school. Argent will come pick me up in about three hours. I wash my hair and turn off the cold water, I want to feel the pain, the burn. I scrub my skin harshly, trying the make it bleed. I allow the water to burn me before getting out and getting dressed. I look at my reflection- I look like I did before the bite, this was me almost every night, beaten and my face stained with tears, I recognize this me. This me I've known the longest, the other me seems like it was just a shell to hide in. This me is the real me, will always be the real me. I'm still tethered to this town, to that spot in the woods, to Jackson's old house, to my house, to the train station, to the school, to the loft, to the old Hale House, to Scott's house, to the hospital, to the twins, to Isaac, to Derek, to Neveah, to my old self, to Vernon, to Erica, to Stiles, to Lydia- to Scott. I grab my clothes and slowly get ready. A pair of leggings and a big long sleeved shirt. I pull my hair up into a messy bun and apply a very thing layer of makeup. I pack everything back up and set it on the bed. I can't forget those tethers, they're the only thing that will bring me back. I slip into Uggs and grab my phone.

I hope you're ready, I'll be there in 5.

-Argent

One corner of my lips tugs up slightly.

I hope I'm ready too. I think to myself. I grab my bags and carry them out to the front. The Suburban pulls in and Chris steps out. We put my things in the trunk.

"I have to get Isaac from Scott's, I figured that you'd want to say goodbye to Scott and Neveah in person." He states.

"No, you figured it'd be best for me, so I could learn control faster." I say getting in the black vehicle.

"Have you heard from her?" He asks after a short period of silence.

"Yeah, at the school, just before- you know." I reply, not wanting to relive Aiden's death.

"What'd she have to say?" He glances at me.

"She just gave me advice, she told me to let him know before it was too late." I sigh. "She had a feeling that it was either gonna be you or her. That's why- that's why she did what she did before she left for Oak Creek. She also wanted to tell you about the silver working, that's what she was trying to say."

"We're here." He states. I open the door and get out. Scott and Isaac walk outside. They both give me looks of slight pain. I catch a glance of Neveah in a window before she appears in the doorway.

"Jane?" She whispers. I nod and she runs to me. We wrap our arms around each other. "I love you, big sister. Always and-"

"And forever." I finish. She lets go and nods toward Scott.

"You should hug him too." She winks.

"Scott." I say pain flowing in my voice. He doesn't say anything, no warning of any kind, and pulls me to him before our lips lock in a long, hard, sweet, passionate final kiss. We very slowly pull away. "I love you." The words a ghost.

"I love you too." He whispers.

"Promise me you'll take care of her." I whisper gazing into his eyes.

"Only as long you promise to come back." He replies.

"Yeah." I barely get out.

"Go catch your plane." He says. Neveah and I hug one more time before I walk to the vehicle, getting ready to leave for a very long time. We pull off.

"Goodbye, Jane."

"Goodbye, TJ."

I let out a long, heavy sigh, not allowing any tears to fall.

§§§

"Flight 233 to France now boarding. Flight 233 now boarding."

The three of us stand and move to the gate. I take my ticket and get on the plane. My luggage is loaded and I find my seat. The three of us were all placed close to each other, Isaac even ended up beside me, Chris in front of us. Isaac and I lock hands, holding on for dear life. The plane takes off and I gaze out the window.

I climb the exterior wall of the loft and sigh. I slowly write the word Goodbye in the condensation on the window. I push off and slowly walk away from the building.

"Goodbye, boss." I whisper almost inaudibly.

Isaac squeezes my hand reassuringly. I close my eyes and lean into his shoulder.

Goodbye, Beacon Hills...