8. Derek

My eyes lightly flutter open. Green eyes gaze down at me, along with a light smile. A hand gently strokes my hair. I manage a smile before pain radiates through my body. I wince and my body relaxes under a soft touch.

"How do you feel?" Derek asks. My eyes droop shut for a second.

"Like shit." I mumble forcing myself to cope with the pain.

"Here." His hand slips through mine and black veins trail up his arm. He stiffles a grunt. "It must hurt pretty bad for you." He states. I lightly smile as the pain lessens. The door to the loft opens and Neveah runs in to my side, Isaac standing by the door. Neveah slides on her knees and grabs my other hand.

"Jane, what happened?" She asks. I take a deep breathe and gently squeeze her hand.

"I'm okay, that's all that matters." I reply.

"But you're in a lot of pain, even with Derek taking it." She states. I look back at Derek, black veins traveling up his neck.

"Derek stop. Stop! Derek stop!" I yell. He let's go of his hand I sit up. "You knew that that could've killed you. You aren't an alpha anymore!" He squeezes my hand.

"I know." He whispers. "But I always put you before me. You know that."

"Then you know that I need you alive." I whisper yell.

"I'm just trying not to watch you suffer." His face softens.

"Then don't get yourself killed over me." I order swinging my legs off the side of the bed. Derek caresses my cheek, I lean my face against his hand and close my eyes.

"Okay, I won't, but I will protect you even if it takes my life. That's not getting myself killed over you, that's me owning up to a promise I made you. I promised that I would keep you safe no matter what." He states. "I love you TJ."

"I love you too." I whisper.

***Teen Wolf Credits***

I slowly walk into the school building and to my locker. I put in my combination and grab my chemistry book. I close my door and turn while Neveah runs down the hallway.

"We need to get to the house, we need to find something to use against whatever came at us last night, they'll be back tonight, and they'll come for me and they'll go for Scott and that new chick." She rambles.

"I know." I mutter. "We'll leave at lunch."

"TJ! We have to go now!" She whisper yells.

"Neveah, I have to get to class so I can keep the house once I'm eighteen." I state.

"Why can't we just live with Derek?" She asks.

"Because, there's gonna be a time when we need to live alone to keep ourselves alive." I reply and make my eyes glow.

"What if Derek can help keep us alive?" Neveah continues.

"Look, at least let me go to one class, Neveah. I'll pull you out of second and we'll look. Then we're coming back." I make my final word. I flick my eyes back.

"Fine." She turns and runs off toward her class. I groan and turn walking toward my classroom.

§§§

I pull hair behind my ear and listen in on the locker room.

"Well, she said she had pictures on her phone that she doesn't want anyone to see." Obviously Scott.

"What kind of pictures?" Stiles.

"Naked pictures." He's lying, it's something else.

"Okay, but if you two get busted- I'm out. You guys are on your own. I'm not getting my dad in anymore trouble than what he's already in."

"Thank you, Stiles."

I spin away when the door opens and Scott walks out. Scott walks in the opposite direction, toward Kira.

"Will he do it?" She asks.

"Yeah."

I wait until they walk off before turning to the door. Stiles steps out and I place a hand on his chest. I smirk and push him into the locker room. I push him down on a bench and sit across from him.

"Hello, Stiles." I smile wickedly.

"Hey, TJ." He says nervously.

"What exactly is going on later?" I ask.

"The cops have Kira's phone and she has pictures on there that she needs to get rid of, and I'm helping her and Scott break in." He replies quickly.

"I scare you, don't I?" I lean forward, my arms resting on my thighs.

"A little." He gulps.

"I shouldn't, really, it's just me, but anyways. I want to know what you know about Barrow." I state.

"He's dead, he was a highly wanted shnarpel bomber." He says.

"No, Stiles, where did he come from before they took him to the hospital?" I ask.

"A place called Eichen House." He replies.

"What do you know about Eichen House Stiles?" I move my arms and one hand sits on his knee.

"It's a mental hospital, by the coast. That's all I know." I smile.

"Okay, well, I'll see you later."