Chapter Eleven

Night School part two

"It's a dumpster." Scott groaned, stepping away from the outside doors, which only budged a few inches when we all slammed into it at full force.

"I'm not dying in school, I am not dying in school." Stiles mumbled, staring off down the hallway as Scott and I caught up.

"We're not going to die!" Scott exclaimed, looking seriously at Stiles and I. It was almost convincing. Almost.

"What does it want!?" Stiles freaked out, running his hands over his hair and looking around frantically.

"Me." Scott sighed, wringing his hands. "Derek says it's stronger with a pack." He explained, and I groaned.

"Great, a psychotic werewolf who's into teamwork. That's beautiful." He grumbled sarcastically.

Scott froze and I slammed straight into his back. I followed his gaze to see an enormous wolf with glowing red eyes that were trained right on us on the roof a few hundred feet away. It was like an outer body experience as the alpha ran at us and we ran from it, throwing open the door to a room and slamming it shut.

It resembled a storage room or a weird basement, lined with ancient lockers and old school supplies. It smelled like chalk and the tears of children.

"Go." Scott urged Stiles and I, and we grabbed each others hand before running off while Scott pushed a desk in front of the door.

"We have to do something." Stiles announced once Scott had joined us at the pitch black dead end.

"Like what?" I grumbled, and backed into his chest and grabbed Scott's hand in my own.

"I don't know. Kill it, hurt it, inflict mental anguish on it. Something." He replied, his eyes trained on the door.

Suddenly he dug around in his pocket and produced his keys, throwing them into the next room over. There was a loud growl and the alpha ran into the room, and Stiles and Scott quickly closed and blocked the door, leading the way down the hall.

There was a loud bang and the ceiling tiles started shaking precariously, causing me to slow down and let panic take over.

"He's in the ceiling." Scott mumbled, then flinched.

"What did you hear?" I asked quickly, looking to my brother.

"A phone ringing." Scott mumbled, wincing again. "I think I know that ringtone."

/ / / / /

"What are you doing here? Why are you here?" Scott asked urgently, striding over to Allison. Stiles attempted to follow him and I grabbed his hand, pulling him back towards me.

"No, let him handle this." I instructed, stepping back into the shadows but listening intently to their conversation.

"You asked me to." Allison asked, confused. Her pretty face seemed a lot less confident when it was layered with worry lines.

"No?" Scott asked, his own forehead wrinkling.

Stiles managed to yank me over and stick his head between Scott and Allison, looking at the phone in her hand. Allison frowned, scrolling to a text from Scott alerting her that he was at the school and wanted her to come.

"Why do I get the feeling you didn't send this message?" Allison asked warily, looking to Scott who's expression matched hers.

"Because I didn't." He replied with unnecessary dramatics. I rolled my eyes and stuck my head next to Stiles', welcoming myself into the conversation.