Chapter Seven

/ / s e v e n / /

"Dude, you need to study more." Stiles whistled between his teeth as Harris sets a test marked with a large D on Scott's desk. I grimaced, Mom is going to be pissed.

"Do you need to study with Stiles and I?" I offered, and Scott frowned even more, a crease on his forehead.

"No, I'm studying with Allison tonight." Scott sighed, falling back in his chair and stuffing his paper into the folder in his binder.

"Ha, no you're not." Stiles snorted, turning to face the pair of us with a serious expression on his face. A wrinkle formed in my head identical to Scott's. "Not if I'm forced to live vicariously through you."

Oh, and for a moment there I thought that we had a reasonable and mature Stiles Stilinski on our hands.

"Maybe you should get some action for yourself instead?" I suggested, my eyebrows arched.

"Trust me, he's trying." Scott grimaced.

"We're not talking about me." Stiles said quickly, avoiding looking at me at all costs. Poor boy is ashamed of liking Lydia, awe. "I swear if you squander this precious opportunity I'll have you de-balled."

"Um, Ew." I grimaced, crossing my arms over my chest and wrinkling my nose. That sounded painful, uncomfortable, and awkward. And disgusting.

"Do you have a con-"

"No. Shut your mouth."

>>

"It's like getting into a hot tub-somebody eventually cops a feel." Lydia explained, twirling a stand of hair around her finger.

"Okay, gross." I mumbled, earning a laugh from Allison, who was just as uncomfortable as I was at the topic of conversation.

"Just make sure he covers up, that's all I'm saying." Lydia shrugged, and I literally physically gagged.

"Why is everyone talking about my brother's genitals today? In case you were wondering if I was cool with it, I'm not freaking cool with it!"

"Don't be a prude." Lydia directed at me, rolling her eyes. "Just give him a little taste. God knows he could use it." She mumbled, leaning back on her elbows and picking at her nails

"How much is a little taste?" Allison asked shyly, and I would have awed had we not been talking about- shudder- Scott.

"Well don't ask Jessa, she's a locked box." Lydia teased, and I felt my cheeks blazing a bright red.

"What does that mean?" Allison asked curiously, glad to no longer have the focus on herself.

"She's barely even kissed a boy." Lydia informed, and I stuffed my face away into my pillow.

"I've so kissed a boy before!" I objected, my voice muffled by the over stuffed cushion.

"Are you sure?" Lydia jabbed, and I shot her a death glare.

"Yes I'm sure. Just because I've never gone at it and made out with someone does not mean I've never been kissed." I pointed out, and Lydia scoffed.

"In my book it does." She snorted in response.

"Ugh!"

>>

"You walking today, Jessa?" Stiles teased, jogging to catch up with me in the hall. I tugged at my short romper, with was deep olive green and I'd paired with black boots, grey over the knee socks, and a grey cardigan.

"Hell no." I laughed, matching his pace and tugging on a loose curl before tucking it away behind my ear.

"You, uh, look... Nice today." Stiles stuttered, and I held back a laugh. Laughing at a compliment would wound his already fragile teenage ego.

"Thanks, Stiles. You look cute too." I complimented, bumping his hip with mine. He stumbled dramatically, and it was all I could do not to pee my pants. We were climbing into the Jeep when a familiar-and very demanding-voice met my ears.

"Jessa, we're going to my house." Lydia demanded, storming past the car and to her own little blue bug. I groaned, exchanging a glance with Stiles before unbuckling and grabbing my stuff in order to chase down my best friend.

"Call me!" I shouted, waving as I jogged off to Lydia's car and hoped in, speeding passed Stiles, who was angrily punching the steering wheel. Okay. Casual.

"We're getting you all hoed up for school tomorrow so we can rope in a guy for you to fondle." Lydia explained, and if I had been drinking water I'm sure I would have choked dramatically and done a slightly less glamorous version of your classic spit take.

"I- no!" I stuttered, and for whatever convoluted reason Stiles popped into my mind. I shoved that awkward thought away and crossed my arms in indignation.

"Oh, come on! It can even be Stiles of you're that hyped up." Lydia shrugged. She gracefully flicked on the indicator and turned onto her street, lined end to end full of large homes.

"He doesn't like me! I don't like him!" I groaned, throwing my head back and stomping up the front path to Lydia's front door.

"Yes he does. You're Jessa McCall, you're Lydia Martin's best friend! Of course he likes you!"Lydia explained as if it was the simplest concept ever.

"My social standing does not decide whether or not boys like me." I tried to explain for what felt like the hundredth time.

"Yes it does." Lydia said after a second of contemplation with her classic pout in place. I groaned again and followed her to her room, letting her throw extravagant articles of clothing and jewelry at me for what seemed like hours.

And finally it was over around ten when Lydia dubbed my outfit to be "just juicy enough" and shooed me away. I opted to walk the few blocks home, reveling in the clean air and cool atmosphere. Aka, I was just really freaking glad to be out of Lydia's stuffy, rose scented bedroom.

I had just finished eating some Easy Mac and brushing my teeth when there was a loud knock on the front door. It only got more urgent the longer I took getting down stairs, so I figured it was probably Stiles.

I was in my pajamas- yoga pants and an over-sized lacrosse tee of Scott's from last year, so I wasn't too worried about what Stiles would think of me. The only issue was that, except for minimal concealor and mascara, my face was naked. What can you do?

"Calm down." I breathed, yanking the door open to reveal none other than my brother's twitchy best friend in the flesh.

"I almost just cut Derek's arm off." Stiles sighed, stepping inside and running his hands over the short hair covering his head. My hands shook as I closed the door, pressing my back against the cool wood and trying to process what he'd just told me.

"He kept threatening to- to... do things to you. To hurt you. So I said I would, and then Scott showed up, thank God, and..." Stiles trailed off, and I wanted desperately to have something to say to him, but I didn't. So instead I said the first thing that came to mind.

"There's this bottle of whiskey Lydia left one time before a party, and it's still in my room. Do you... Want to drink it?" I suggested awkwardly. Honestly, when things like this happen- which I'd like to point out, they don't- the best solution is to get drunk.

So we did.

I don't own Teen Wolf. Happy Christmas to you all! Or merry for all you crazy American kiddos:) don't forget that this day is to celebrate the birth of Jesus, the gifts are just a major bonus;)