Chapter 5: Dream turned Nightmare

Dedicated to whoever Comments and Liked FIRST AND FOREMOST!! lol so its fair...

I AM ALIVE! IT WAS JUST THAT MY COMPUTER WASN'T... LOL

CHAPTER 5

"Higher, daddy! Higher!!" I squealed as my dad pushed me even higher up. The wind blew against my face my dad pushed the swing higher and higher, closer to the sky almost as if I could touch it.

"Harold, not too high now!" my mom warned.

"Its okay, mommy! Cain will catch me if I fall!" I assured her. And just to prove my point, I let go of the metal chains holding the swing seat and sent my body up in the air. I saw my brother already in front of me with out-stretched arms waiting for me. My smile widened as I looked at my brother.

Then all of a sudden, his smile turned into a frown and his face started to melt down into a puddle. I screamed as I landed in a pool of blood where Cain was standing. I was completely soaked through with blood. I looked at my bloodstained hands with horror as I gripped my head with my hands and I heard myself scream.

I woke up with my hand stretched out to the ceiling with tears running down my eyes. My head ached and my body felt disgusting. It felt as though I was covered with a really thick layer of blood. The same layer of blood that soaked my body as I held Cain in my arms as life slipped away from his body.

My beloved brother, Cain died protecting me when the rogues attacked a nearby pack, the Black Bound pack, and a group from our pack was sent to help them. The Alpha's son Damien, his brother Yuri, my brother, and along with other guys went as a dispatch group. I knew what was going to happen to me whenever my brother was gone, my parents along with the rest of the pack would abused me. I was scared so I begged my brother to bring me along with them. I knew my brother would never refuse me so he asked Damien to bring me along. He was reluctant, but agreed.

 When we got there, the rogues and the members of Black Bound pack were already engaged in battle. Dead bodies of werewolves were on the ground being stepped on by the ones who are still alive and fighting, the scent of blood was thick in the air that I was concerned it could be detected by the closest convent of vampires and decides to attack, as well.

My brother told me to run away but not after I saw a young boy ran out of the house the adult werewolves were protecting.

"Daddy!!" he yelled. I saw a rogue caught sight of him and was heading his way.

I panicked and ran towards the child. I was unbelievably fast for a she-wolf so I managed to out run the rogue and covered the child's body with my own and waited for the impact. But it never came. I opened my eyes to see that Cain had used his body to shield me and the rogues talons was at his heart. He coughed out blood and dropped to the ground. The rogue yanked his hand off my brother's chest and grinned showing off his massive canines stained with blood. I heard myself scream in terror while the other members of the pack charged for the rogue and killed him instantly. I gathered my brother in my arms and held him as tightly as I could.

"No, Cain. No!" I cried as I rocked both of us back and forth.