Chapter 1: The Chase

WARNING: THIS STORY IS CURRENTLY UNEDITED!! SO PLEASE TRY TO IGNORE TYPOs, GRAMMAR ERRORS, the works.. THANK YOU AND ENJOY!!!!

CHAPTER 1

"No."

"What?! I'm sorry, but could you repeat that?! I don't think I heard you right."

"You heard me, I said no," I emphasized the word no. My head was pounding and I wasn't thinking straight. Going to a party on a Sunday night was not the best idea. So I wasn't really keen on being asked out by the school's man whore who claimed to be my mate.

His green eyes changed colour to a midnight blue. The same colour as the night sky I always looked up to every night. I could tell that he was angry, really angry. His fist was clenched, his jaw tightened, and his whole frame tensed up. What crawled up his ass and died?! I was surprised he still didn't go wolf from all the rage that was practically leaking out of him.

"What do you mean, "No"?!" he said through gritted teeth.

"It means no, negative, nix, nope, not at all, not by any means, and the opposite of yes. You can look it up in the dictionary if you want more detailed results."

"I know what it means. I-"

I cut him off. "Then why did you asked in the first-"

He cut me off. "What I meant was, how could you say no to me?!"

"Easy. I just don't want you as a mate," I said as a matter-of-fact.

"How could you not?!! I'm the guy that every girl in our pack wants to be mated with. Plus, I'm the next Alpha!" he threw his hand up in the air in frustration.

"I could have been mates with anybody but instead I got you. The nerdy, unwanted member of the pack. And here I am giving you a chance to finally be somebody!!" he added. I knew that nobody in the pack wanted me. Not even my own parents, ever since my brother died, but he didn't had to rub it in.

"That's just it, Damien. You're the most arrogant, egotistical, narcissistic pig I ever knew. On second thought, I take it back. It'll be an insult to the pigs," I laughed through my nose.

"You think that you're doing me a favour by acknowledging that we're mates?!" I scoffed at him.

"Well guess what. I like being the nerdy, unwanted member of the pack. And I think that I'll be doing us both a favour for rejecting you, in fact you can tell everybody that it was you who rejected me. That way you can still keep your reputation."

I turned away from him but just before I reached the woods, I turned my head to look back at him, "And FYI, I never asked to be mates with you."

Then I sprinted for the woods, not remembering when exactly I shifted into my pure white wolf with patches of black on my paws, the tip of my ears and tail.