Chapter 8

Since I published the last chapter a day late (on accident I swear) I'll post this one a day early but after this I'm sticking back to the Friday schedule
Lucy's POV
I walked through Magnolia my eyes nervously darting around. I tensed at every sound. Where was Natsu?

I kinda wanted him to come, especially after that heated kiss we shared.

"Hey Lucy." A voice chimed and I jumped about a foot high.

I turned and was surprised at what I saw. It was Lisanna.

"Relax it's just me." Lisanna said.

Why was Lisanna here? Not that I don't like her and all, but I wasn't expecting this. "Hey Lisanna! What's up?" I asked. "Oh nothing. Except maybe Dragon Season." She said with a sly grin.

How did she know about that? I thought A blush creeped up my face.

"Ugh, I didn't want anyone to know to escape teasing." I muttered.

"Ha ha! Sorry." Lisanna said.

"You know I'm actually surprised that I'm Natsu's mate and not you." I said.

"Me?" Lisanna said incredulously. "We were close as children and are still friends now but we don't really hang out or go on jobs like you two do. Besides I ship you together."

"Oh god Mira's gotten to you." I groaned and Lisanna laughed.

"Yeah but I'm worried about Mira." Lisanna said her cheerful tone dropping.

So that's what this is about.

"I'm sure Laxus won't hurt her and besides if Mira decides to go into her Satan Soul form he'll be the one trouble." I said and we both laughed.

"But aren't you afraid Natsu might hurt you?" She asked.

"Yeah I'm scared. But I want him to come and don't want him to come at the same time. He's not the lovable goofball he normally is. So I guess that's what makes me nervous." I admitted. "But you wanna have sex with him." She said with a sly grin.

"Lisanna!" I exclaimed my face burning and she laughed.

"I'm kidding." She said still laughing. "We'll see ya." Lisanna said.

"Bye!" I said thou my face was still burning.

What the hell!?! You don't just ask people those kinda questions. I kept on walking my face still burning.

I walked down towards the outskirts of town onto a foresty path. I needed some time alone in nature after that horrific conversation.

I tried to keep my thoughts away from the mating subject but they kept on straying back to it.

Then I saw a creek. Just what I need. I thought and knelt down by it splashing the cool water onto my face.

The water lapped on the shore soaking my aching feet. I had been walking around for a while now and that cool water felt so refreshing.

Maybe if I just dipped my feet in. I thought as I took of my shoes and walked a few inches into the water. I shivered and my toes curled in the sand and silt.