Chapter 2

Lucy's POV
"Lucy! I think I found something!" Levy said and I went over to her looking over her shoulder at the book she had opened.

The caption was titled Dragon Mating Season.

Dragon Mating Season or Dragon Season is when dragons search for their mates and mark them claiming them as their own.
Dragon Season doesn't only affect dragons but the dragon slayer's as well once they are 21 or older, it happens every few years and lasts for about a month. The dragons will want to 'mark' or claim there mate for their own, so other dragons will know that they are theirs. During this process there can be some temporary changes that happen to the dragon slayers in a series of steps

1st the dragon slayer will get headaches that's their dragon instinct battling for dominance within them. The will also be extremely tense and growl, they may even get violent when any of the opposite sex comes near their chosen mate or prevents them from being with their mate

2nd They will become more attracted to mate then usual and would do things with them they would normally be to nervous to do. They will also be extremely over protective and sometimes aggressive. They will then leave to set up a den.

3rd Then once the den is ready the Dragon Slayers will take their mate to a secluded area or 'den' to be marked and mate making a mating bond.

Mate? I thought my face burning do they mean. Oh no I don't think I'm ready for that. I then continued reading

Mates can avoid being marked if not ready but be warned it is very hard to avoid the dragon slayers since they can be very possessive and want to be at their mates side at all time

Maybe I could avoid Natsu long enough and then he'll just go back to normal and we can put this whole experience behind us. Besides if I were to have 'it' with Natsu I'd want to do it when he was in his right mind and his territorial instincts weren't just taking over. Then some bold text caught my eye at the bottom of the page.

WARNING! Dragon Slayers are extremely powerful at this time. Especially when they feel their mate is threatened.
ANOTHER WARNING! If the mate originally has feelings for the dragon or slayer they may be influenced by the dragon instincts as well, thou not as much as the dragon slayers.

Wait I could be affected? What the hell!

Me and Levy looked at each other. "Gajeel was complaining about having a headache earlier to Lily." Levy said looking frightened. "Yeah and Natsu growled at Gray when he came to talk to us." I said. "So we're their mates." Levy said. I nodded.

Me be Natsu's mate? I was still trying to comprehend it.

"And by mate does that mean..." I trailed off. Levy's face turned bright red and mine probably looked the same. "I don't even want to think about it." She said shaking her head echoing my earlier thoughts

"We have to tell Mira." I said. "I'm pretty sure she's Laxus' mate. He was glaring at a guy who was flirting with her." I said.

"We need to tell master what's going on too. Oh god they might attack someone!" Levy said her hand over her mouth.

We grabbed the book and ran making a sprint for the master. He was chatting with Wendy who luckily looked normal, Carla at her side.

Oh yeah she's still to young for dragon season. That was a relief.

"Master we might have a problem." Levy said. "We think the dragon slayers might be affected by something called Dragon Season." I said. Wendy's skin turned pale. Levy handed him the book. "So you know what dragon season is?" I asked noticing her reaction.

"Grandeeney mentioned it once but I'd never put much thought into it until now," Wendy said. "Oh no, this isn't good."

We quickly all glanced at the boys luckily they were still in there same spots. I quickly grabbed Mira and pulled her over. She yelped making Laxus's head snap up. I waved at him nervously and he blinked several times then proceeded to bang his head on the counter.

"What is it?" Mira asked as I pulled her over to our little group. "Dragon Mating Season." Levy said. "We think the boys might be getting affected by it. Their dragon instincts take over and it makes them want to find a mate. It comes around every few years we missed the last one because we were on Tenrou island but now it's come again."

"A mate! What does this have to do with me?" Mira asked a blush creeping up her face. "We're pretty sure your Laxus' mate did you see how that bottle shattered when that other guy flirted with you." I pointed out.

"Oh the thought of this happening to you Wendy horrifies me." Carla said hugging herself.

"What about Sting and Rouge?" Mira asked. "Won't they be affected?"

"Their only 19." Wendy said. "It won't effect them until next time."

Master finished reading and set the book down which Mira immediately picked up and scanned through it. "This can be a serious problem. You girls can try and evade them but I don't know if you'll last the whole month." Master said.

"Then what do we do?" Levy asked panicked. "Ooh we can get on a train the boys motion sickness should get to them and we can make our escape." I said.

"But what if it doesn't affect them in this state?" Wendy said. She had a point. "Yeah and we might not want to bring attention to this little predicament." Levy said her face red. I nodded agreeing I didn't want people to see Natsu perving on me.

Oh god if Cana found out about this she would tease me mercilessly.

I looked around for Natsu but he was gone. "Happy. Where did Natsu go?" I asked. "I don't know he said he had to go do something and wouldn't let me go with him." Happy said crossing his arms. "Gajeel left as well saying something similar to Natsu and forbade me to come with him." Lily said. "Laxus is gone too." Levy said.

"What's going on?" Happy asked. "Read that page and you'll know." I said and pointed.

Happy and Lily quickly read it. Happy looked at me. "He liiiikes you!" He snickered. "Oh shut up cat!" I yelled and smacked him. "Let's just go home guys and keep an eye out." Levy said.

"We'll go looking for Natsu and Gajeel." Lily volunteered. "No you won't!" Master said. "They are extremely dangerous during this time and they could hurt you." The exceed's heads drooped.

"Well I'm heading home." Levy said. "Me too." I agreed rubbing my eyes.