Chapter 5

Here's the next chapter! I'll be updating this story every Friday! Please comment and leave suggestions! Thanks!

Jellal's POV
"Cobra why are you doing this?" Midnight asked. I couldn't help but agree why was he just lashing out like this? Cobra then doubled over in pain clutching his head. He seemed to be at war with himself, what was going on?

"Get out of the way!" Cobra yelled barring his fanged teeth. "Cobra just calm down." I said taking a step towards him my hands up in a surrender gesture.

I was trying to be careful, treating him like a cornered animal.

"I said get out of the way!" He screamed "Poison dragon roar!" Cobra yelled and a blast of poison came out of his mouth, me and midnight jumped out of the way and Cobra took off charging past us.

Was it just me or did that attack look much more powerful then usual. I thought about chasing after him but then Angel lightly tapped my arm.

"What happened to him? Why is he acting like this?" She asked on the verge of tears. "I don't know, Angel." I said shaking my head.

"Well he looked to be heading in the direction of magnolia so maybe a certain fairy tail mage would know something about it." Meredy said as she helped Racer up with a knowing smirk.

I glared at her but it wasn't a bad idea. "Okay I'll call Erza and see if she knows anything about it." I said.

"Here is a lacrima, oh yeah." Richard (Hoteye)(he told them that he prefers being called Richard now but all the others like to stick to their code names, (cuz they sound cooler okay!) said and handed me a lacrima. Everyone looked at me, well there goes my chance of a private conversation.

Ezra's face appeared on the lacrima. "Oh hi Jellal." She said then paused when she saw the sullen faces behind me. "What happened?"

"Well something really weird happened with Cobra out of no where he attacked us and then ran off in the direction of magnolia we where wandering if you knew why?" I informed her.

Erza let out a few curses under her breath. "Shit, I forgot about cobra." She said and then rubbed her face.

"What do you mean forgot about Cobra?" I asked concerned and intrigued. I could feel the others burning gaze on Erza and I.

"Well there is something happening right now called dragon season, it's happening to Natsu, Gajeel, and Laxus. And it seems to have affected Cobra as well. It doesn't affect sting and rouge because they are a year to young and not Wendy because she's way to young. But we completely forgot about cobra." Erza said. "I wonder who he'll be after." She said but quieter.

"What do you mean who will he be after?" Angel questioned. "And what's dragon season?" Meredy inquired.

"Well it's basically something that affects dragon slayers when they come of age and happens every couple of years and last about a month, and now it's happening again but it's only just started. Dragon season is basically where dragons, or in our case dragon slayers search for there 'mate' and mark them claiming them as theirs. Cobra probably took off to go find his. Can you tell me anything about how he was acting and maybe we an get an idea of what stage he is on." Erza said.

"Um well.." I said my brain still a little slow from processing all that. "He was complaining about having a headache and he almost looked like he was at war with himself. Then all of a sudden he started walking out of the camp and when Racer asked where he was going and Cobra decked him." I said.