Chapter 2: Where are we?

I am expecting to land on dirt in a few seconds, but that isn't what happens. This isn't a normal rabbit hole, this rabbit hole isn't possible. There is light from light bulbs on all sides of the hole, well, it isn't a hole anymore. This rabbit hole is a rabbit tunnel. A bottomless tunnel that has to be made out of magic, because there is no possible way that this tunnel is made any other way. Also there is evidence of electricity, the light bulbs, and there shouldn't be any electricity for this tunnel. I would have looked around more if it isn't for the fact that I'm falling and screaming at the top of my lungs. Alice is also screaming at the top of her lungs, and combining her screaming with my screaming, it fills the tunnel with noise.

After falling for what feels like five minutes, I finally stop screaming and look around at my surroundings. There is furniture in the walls of the tunnel, and I hear a piano playing above me. Looking up, I see a grand piano falling towards Alice and I. Starting to scream again, I cover my eyes with my arms, and Alice starts to scream too. A few seconds later, Alice stops yelling, and I move my arms away from my face. The piano stops right in front of our faces and starts moving back up. That is not possible, because gravity would have made the piano fall right on top of us, but it is defying gravity. My brain feels like it is growing numb from all of these events.

Finally, we reach the ground and thankfully this magical place stop us right before we hit the ground. That is until Alice decides to touch the floor, which made us both fall on the ground with a big grunt. I face plant into the ground, and I stay like that for a little bit. Slowly, I lift my face off of the ground, and I see Alice sitting up, but her hair is hanging up and not laying on her shoulders. Looking around, I notice that in between us, there is a chandelier, but it is hanging upside down like Alice's hair. Wait a second, why is there a chandelier on the ground and not on the ceiling? Grasping the situation, I look up and see the floor, and the table. Oh my god, we landed on the ceiling, how is that possible!?! As if the room realizes that we are on the ceiling and not on the floor, the room rights itself by dropping us on the floor.

"Why did you have to fall into the rabbit hole?" I ask her, as I stand up. Cracking my back, I walk over and help Alice get up off of the ground. She seems pretty battered like me and I give a small smile, "Maybe, this will teach you to chase after rabbits."

"Yeah," she replies with a smile of her own. We look around the room. We notice that there is a bunch of different colored, and sized doors. Alice decides to check the left half of the room, and I check the right side of the room. To no avail, every door in the room is locked and we stand in front of the round wooden table. Somehow without either of us noticing, there is a small dark medicine like bottle on the table. Alice gingerly picks the bottle up, and flips the label over for us to read it. There is only two words written on the label and it says "Drink me." Right away a red flag pops up in my mind, and I look over at my younger sister. Just from the look in her eyes, I can tell that she is actually considering to drink the dark substance.

"Are you seriously considering drinking the liquid?" I exclaim in surprise, "We don't even know what this liquid is, and for all we know it can be poison."

"If I die then you know not to drink it," Alice says casually and drinks it. Instead of her dying, her body does something really unexpected. Alice's body starts to shrink and shrink, to the point where she is the size of a rabbit standing on its hind legs. She notices something and runs over to the wall of doors. Usually, I would immediately follow after Alice, but my body starts to shake uncontrollably. My body shakes from fear, but I also feel déjà vu like this place is familiar. Yet, I know for a fact that I have never been here in my entire life. With nothing left to do, I take deep breaths and not too surprisingly there is no smells. Well, there is the basic smell of wooden furniture and my sweet smelling perfume, that mother pretty much had to force on me, because I wouldn't wear it.