Chapter One

Chapter One

"Job well done, Lil!" Christy slung her arm around me as we got off the stage after performing Taeyang's Ringa Linga.

It was a hard choreo, but we made it anyways. We had to dance and sing, which wasn't an easy task, live at this huge stadium in Thailand. It was a fund-raising and they had invited us to perform.

I felt another arm being slung over me as a familiar voice rings in my ear. "Great performance there, Lil. Way to go!"

"Thanks Christy and Trevor. You guys weren't so bad yourselves." I laughed and gave them a smile as the three of us walked to the dressing room.

Apart from us three, we had three more members and the rest are all backup dancers. We opened the door to a ticklish Vanessa and two laughing pokers, Jordan and Albus.

I shook my head as I joined in. Now it was a Girls vs. Boys tickle challenge and we were currently losing. We were about to surrender when a knock came on the door.

We fixed our outfits and hair as Albus went to open the door. I sat at the vanity and pretended to do my makeup.

"Hi Contagious, 10 minutes till your next act. Get ready to shine!" I mentally groaned as that preppy voice of the assistant made my head hurt.

Albus thanked her and quickly shut the door. I sighed as the others did too and we laughed. She was seriously getting on our nerves and it was irritating.

Well, there you go, our name is Contagious. Wanna know why? Because we're just like common cold, contagious and can spread easily. Only we spread our talent.

We quickly did a little touch-up on our makeup, fixed our costumes and went backstage to get our mics ready. It was to be fixed onto us so it was a little troublesome.

We did our little pre-performance routine, which was praying, when the announcer called us on.

"Let's give it up for the last performance of the night! Here we go, CONTAGIOUS!"

The crowd went wild as we did somersaults and stunts on our way out. We had the intro that we edited in, which was quite upbeat and preppy. Something only cheerleaders use.

We quickly got to the centre of the stage and positioned ourselves as Katy Perry's Dark Horse boomed through the speakers of the stadium. The crowd was screaming as we started to dance.

I knew you were

You were gonna come to me

And here you are

But you better choose carefully

There was nothing but screams and my voice as I sing inside the stadium. People all around the world loved us, even though we weren't a famous band.

Make me your Aphrodite

Make me your one and only

But don't make me your enemy, your enemy, your enemy

This dance was focusing on me and Trevor as we were the main dancers and singers for this act. It was a sexy yet powerful dance that took us around a month to perfect.

So you wanna play with magic

Boy, you should know whatcha falling for

Baby do you dare to do this

'Cause I'm coming atcha like a dark horse

We arched our backs as the boys slid their hands over us, careful not to touch our private parts. I mentally laughed at Albus gulping down his saliva while sliding his hand over Vanessa's body.

It was obvious that he likes her, but always denies it. Everyone could see it except the both of them. But, they always deny their feelings for each other. It's so weird.

Are you ready for, ready for

A perfect storm, a perfect storm

'Cause once you're mine, once you're mine

There's no going back

We did circular chest movements, popping our chests every time the music timed the beat. It was actually a warmup movement, but I used it in the choreo along with a few other warmup movements.

We did the same for the second verse, improvising a little as we go along. When the rap part came on, the girls and I cartwheeled backstage while the boys worked their magic.

We made our way back in just as the rap part was about to end. We made a few moves to look like we were seducing the boys and quickly pushed them away when I began to sing once more, with the girls as my backup.

Are you ready for, ready for

A perfect storm, a perfect storm

'Cause once you're mine, once you're mine

There's no going back

And we end it with the boys pulling us by our waists, looking into our eyes, as if going to kiss us.

The crowd went wild as we bowed and hugged and said thank you to the fans. We had a fan club called 'Diseases' named by none other than Christy herself.

She said it really suited because we were called Contagious and what are contagious? Diseases of course. So we all agreed and went along with it. But now it just seems weird because we see posts on Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr everyday with fans calling themselves Diseases.

We went backstage and took turns to change into our casual clothes, before rushing to the airport for our flight back to Malaysia. We had to leave now if we wanted to make it in time for some sleep and a big exam we had the next day.

~*~*~*~*~*

It was currently 1am in Malaysia as our flight just reach. Luckily we got some sleep in the plane because the line for the arrivals was very very VERY long.

It took us about half an hour before we got out, got to our own separate cars and were on our way to our own separate houses.

We were A+ students, so it was acceptable for us to travel back and forth like that. Plus mostly we travel for competitions that we represent our school with. So the principal was fine with it.

~*~*~*~*~*

Trevor yawned as he slung a hand over my shoulder. "Ugh. I barely studied for today's papers. Wonder if I'll pass."

I laughed and playfully hit him on the chest as Vanessa and Christy joined us. "As if. If you don't pass, I'll kick you off the team."

I gave him a I-am-so-serious look and he stopped joking. Vanessa, Christy and I laughed at his expression as Albus and Jordan joined us at out usual hangout during recess.

No one comes here so it was really peaceful. Plus we only had fifteen minutes of recess so we only got to relax for that time until we had to our own classes for the next paper.

"So I just got an email last night from YG this morning, asking if we wanted to perform for a Christmas Concert they are preparing in the States." Albus informed us since he was in charge of the competition, performance etc. times and places.

"Say yes. We definitely have to do it. They might even sign us in as real artistes." Vanessa, being the Happy Virus in our group, happily said yes.

I laughed and nodded, agreeing with it too. We chat for a bit more until the bell rang and we parted ways for our next paper.

Ugh. I groaned as I remembered the subject for the next paper.

Geography.

Not my best subject.