Episode 12: Not So Lucky

MERRY almost CHRISTMAS GUYS!

This is only HALF of what it was supposed to be lol. Like I wanted to put SO MUCH MORE, but then I checked and realized it was 19 pages on microsoft word haha. So here it is! The next chapter will probably be posted maybe later this week (if I get around to writing it). Hope you guys like it! Give me some feedback on the last scene in this with Andrea b/c I'm nervous about how I played that out...

________________

The car ride was edgy and crowded. Five people did not fit comfortably into the two door civic coupe Dean and Sam had found. Hank, Ryan, and Randall were squished in the small backseat glancing at each other. Dean was driving, his hands tense around the wheel, while Sam sat in the passenger seat. One hand held his gun as his eyes stayed trained on the three men.

"So", Hank broke the awkward silence, "Where you boys from?"

"Nowhere." Dean replied bluntly making Randall shift nervously in his seat. Ryan had pushed the baseball cap tighter onto his head and looked displeased with the entire situation.

"How big is your group?" Sam began a conversation of his own. Hank's eyes darted to him and he shrugged.

"I'd say about 30 or so. We're a large group, harmless though."

Sam and Dean glanced at each other. In this day and age, no one was harmless. A group of 30 people was ridiculously large and the two brothers worried that this would cause more problems than it was worth.

As the road they drove on converged into a much larger one they began to spot more beaten down cars. Dean's eyes glanced over the abandoned highway, he was sick of the civic and would love to get into something a bit bigger and more durable. Although, what he really wanted was his Impala.

"Hold up." Sam nodded toward the clutter. Dean came to a slow stop on front of a maze of cars.

Hank leaned forward, "The town's just down the road. You can just drive through here."

"You sure?" Dean glanced back with a hardened look. The longer he sat near them the more something seemed wrong about them.

"We drive through here all the time. Smaller cars can fit." Randall nodded. Dean's eyes darted toward Ryan who had yet to say a word. After all the years they had spent hunting and running from the supernatural world, both Dean and Sam had gained a sixth sense of sort. They could tell when something was off, and there was definitely something wrong about Ryan.

Dean began to drive forward again. The area was like a graveyard. An eerie silence surrounded them as the car slowly rolled down the highway, avoiding the obstacles.

Sam had moved his gaze from the three men in the back to the dead cars around them. His eyes glanced over an SUV with supplies sitting on the hood. He was about to tell Dean to stop so they could grab the bottles of water, Gatorade, and canned foods, but he then noticed the words written on the window. 'STAY HERE, SOPHIA. WE'LL COME BACK EVERYDAY.' Those supplies were obviously meant for whoever Sophia was. Sam wondered if this Sophia was even still alive.

"You guys lose someone? Sophia?" Sam asked.

"No", Randall answered, "We spotted that a few days ago. Someone passing through must have lost 'em."

It seemed like everyone was losing somebody. At least those people had a general idea of where Sophia was, Dean on the other hand had nothing. No clue or hint at where you or Castiel could be. His jaw clenched as he picked up the speed a little. The faster he got to this group then the faster him and Sam could keep looking. For all they knew, you could be in danger. You didn't even have any of your guns with you.