Nineteen

Life isn't about how many breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away.

Fariya

The gentle rays belonging to the sun broke in through the glass window, slightly illuminating the whole room during the process. The lady sleeping in the bed shifted slightly as she tossed and turned, the covers dangling over her body haphazardly.

Sighing dreamily, the woman placed a hand beneath the side of her face, a content expression dancing on her face. Few seconds dragged by with the woman lying on her side, her mind returning to the blissful reality spread around her.

Fluttering her eyes open, Fariya was met with the light casted by the sun. Her eyes opened a bit more, as light registered in her eyes and senses in her mind and the first thing her eyes clashed with was the face of her handsome man.

Omer was lying on his back, his hands folded across his chest casually while his piercing, black eyes were closed. As Fariya continued to stare at him with sleepy eyes but open mind, she felt an unknown peace and contentment rush through her soul and a small smile touched her lips.

Omer was handsome, she had known it since she first laid her eyes upon him but with him sleeping and a peaceful expression settled on his face, Fariya was captivated by him more than ever. Her lids never blinked as she gazed at the epitome of manhood in front of her, a twinkle devouring behind the flecks of her eyes.

Her soul rejoiced for the man before her eyes had not only invaded her heart, but her senses altogether. But despite the submission of heart and numbness of the senses, Fariya had never felt so much secure in her entire life.

Submission is a human tragedy but submitting to a person who vows to protect your heart is a different story. And Omer had done just that. It didn't matter anymore if he loved her or not, he cared about her and that was enough for her heart.

Taking a deep breath, she finally let her lids close momentarily before opening them again-the sight she was witnessing was the one she would never miss for the world. She had no idea how many minutes passed but her loving gaze was faltered when her hand, reaching to touch Omer's face was suddenly caught in his hand, his eyes open as he stared right in her eyes mischievously.

Omer grinned and Fariya blushed before she tried to pull her hand away but Omer's hold was strong. He jerked slightly, halting Fariya's struggle, and placing her hand on his chest, his one hand above hers.

"You were up all the time." Fariya failed an attempt to glare at him for the look in his eyes disturbed the tunes of her heart.

"And you were constantly staring at me." Omer's husky voice forced Fariya to gulp down the heat and she tried to pull her hand away but in vain.

"I have a right." Fariya said proudly, now feeling a bit courageous for the mischievous glint in Omer's eyes had turned into a soft sparkle.

"Oh, you have all the right, Mrs. Lashari." Omer smirked and Fariya laughed slightly.

"Why are you calling me that since our wedding?" Fariya asked smilingly, her eyes never wavering from his.

"That's because I like calling you that. Is the reason enough?" Omer turned on his side and faced Fariya directly, a distance of a mere few inches between the newly married couple.

"No, it isn't." Fariya said, trying to be serious but in vain.

A low chuckle escaped past his lips, swaying the melodies of euphoria in her heart.

"Well then maybe because it reminds me of your presence in my life?" Omer tried another shot and this time, Fariya laughed wholeheartedly.

"I'm lying in your bed, beside you and even then you need to be reminded of my presence in your life?" The laugh glittered the expressions on her face, her eyes delivering the message of happiness.