Fourteen

Words are such simple things really.
Slender, sometimes obtuse, charming,
And sometimes brave like oaths and praises
Or vain like love.

Fariya

The gentle rays broke through the window and slightly illuminated the whole room. The sleeping lady turned in her bed, lines decorating her face as she pulled the covers up to her head.

Fariya smiled slightly as she turned her head around to take in the sight of her sister sleeping peacefully on the bed. After a moment, with a smile still etched upon her face, she rotated her head and gazed out of the window, her eyes now fixed on the sun which was beginning to rise.

Sleep didn't bless her again after she had woken up to offer morning prayer so instead of tossing and turning in her bed, Fariya decided to witness yet another sun rise while sitting by the window.

With her legs beneath her body and arms wrapped around herself, she had leaned back while her head rested against the window pan. Smiling slightly, she saw as birds chirped merrily right outisde her window and closed her eyes peacefully.

However, the scene that flashed behind her closed lids made her inhale a deep breath. Fariya had lost count of how many time she had replayed that particular scene in her mind and now she doubted its reality.

But her heart knew too well.

The serene moment of witnessing the sunset with the man of her heart had filled her soul with joy and euphoria. The moments she had spent with him were captivating, mesmerising and she neither had the power nor did she have the ability to get out of the spell they had casted upon her.

Her whole being was on stake; shaking for it couldn't grasp the reality which was once a part of her dreams. Heaving a slight breath, she fluttered her eyes open and the dim light of the morning sky reflected behind her hazel eyes.

The sky was beautiful, more captivating than ever but was it more beautiful than the moment she spent with him? Even though the sky had always left her enchanted and enthralled, it was nothing compared to what her man did to her everytime he bore his eyes into hers.

Friends.

She chuckled slightly as her lips tilted upwards in a smile. Who would have imagined that a man as rude and proud as Omer Ahmed Lashari would want to be her friend? She just couldn't free her mind from that scene, no matter how many times she tried to.

That serene moment always found a way back into her mind, constantly knocking at her thoughts which she was trying so hard to keep in place. This was a start for them, a new and fresh start. A start which would pave way for them in the future; a path which would grant her wishes at the end of its destination.

The thought that there was still a tiny ray of hope for them was enough to make her stay above the water, enough to swell her heart with a kind of happiness she had never felt before.

With every day that passed, her love for her man grew by leaps and bounds and she had no way to control it.

With every time he smiled at her softly, her knees would buckle and she would collapse in the Court of Love.

With every time he touched her, a spark would ignite in her soul, setting her whole body on fire.

With everytime his black gaze collided with her hazel one, her heart would forget its boundary and would leap up towards her throat.

She was losing herself everyday. Everyday a part of her would bow in front of love and she would feel more helpless than ever. It was a good feeling-love. It was a feeling which had made her soar high in the sky.