Five

What is apparently so strong, enduring and impenetrable, can also be fragile, weak and vulnerable when hit at certain points.

Fariya

Walking towards the hospital building, Fariya's mind was blazing, her heart was aching and her soul was burning. She never thought that her husband would say these things to her on the first day of their marriage.

She had always dreamed of a man with character and loyalty, who will cherish her for the rest of his life. But it was a game of a mere seconds, and all her dreams and hopes went out the window.

Yes, the way their Nikah happened was peculiar and strange, and like adding fuel to the fire, it was forced. But she at least expected some courtesy, some kind words for it was her dearest father who was fighting for his life, for it was her life too that was ruined. She was a part of this mess, the injustice happened to her too.

But it was like her dearest husband had forgotten that she was in a terrible state too. It was not like Fariya expected love and care, for she knew the conditions in which they got married were drastic, but she at least expected some good words.

The naive heart of a fragile girl.

She reached the door of the ICU and as she moved her hand forward to open it, it was pulled open from inside. She looked up, only to gaze at her entire family standing in front of her.

They didn't ask her anything. They just looked at the unfortunate woman and their eyes did the deed. And Fariya didn't answer them anything. She just smiled at them and the message was conveyed.

It was a painful smile, a smile which held so many agony and suffering but secrets and mysteries at the same time. Her mother, Amna, took a step towards her elder daughter and took her hand in her weak and aged hands.

She looked at her daughter in the eye, in those sparkling, hazel eyes.

"We have to go."

Her mother said and on hearing her, it was panic which rosed in Fariya's heart.

"No." She said, emphatically.

"I have to stay here and look after Baba. You people can go. I'll stay with Baba."

At this, her mother shook her head.

"You should come with us. It was a long night and you need some rest after what had happened. Ahmed Bhai will stay with your Baba."

At this, Fariya's brows furrowed. She can't stay with her own farher but his friend can? What type of insanity was that? Being the out spoken and blunt lady that she was, she parted her lips and spoke her mind.

Her mother only shook her head, as if she's been disappointed.

"Fariya, he can stay here. He's your father's...."

She didn't get a chance to complete her sentence because Ahmed Uncle got out of the ICU, closing the door behind him. A silence fell upon the cold corridor when the old yet graceful man took a step forward towards them.

He stopped right beside Hamza and placed a hand on his shoulder and smiled down at him. He then looked up and gazed directly at Fariya. He smiled at her daughter-in-law, a full and bright smile. Fariya returned the smile, but her smile was shy.

"Omer went?" Ahmed Uncle asked the question whose answer he already knew.

"Yes." Fariya nodded her head and looked down, as if it was her fault that he was gone.

"Okay then, Bhabhi. I'll stay here with Ali. You can come in the morning. My driver will drop you." He suggested after taking a deep breath, his tone polite, unlike his son