CHAPTER 16 - The Talk

Luckily the yacht was docked, Chase escaped and evaded the people quickly and duck out of the reunion. Chase heads to Bradley's bar, and hung out with him for a while. They drank but Bradley respected Chase enough not to get him drunk. "Isn't it your high school reunion or something?" Bradley yelled. "Fuck that!" He said, feeling all tipsy.

Bradley knew something was up, but as a good friend of Chase he decided to stop and take Chase out for a breath of fresh air. "Buddy, take it easy." Bradley said. "It's the weekend, let's party and have some fun because I fucking need it tonight!" He said slurred. Bradley laughs and puts an arm around Chase.

The club was raging, it was filled with celebrated people and Chase and Bradley were wild as fuck. Bradley brought some girls with him in the VIP section where some of them danced with Chase, but nothing happened until, Sophie shows up.

"Oh my god! You came!" Bradley shouted into Sophie's ears. "Of course I came, I had nothing better to do." She shouted back and he grabs her hand and brings her to the table where Chase was drinking a lot of shots of tequila with some girls.

Chase looks up, "Well, if it isn't the home-wrecker!" Chase greeted Sophie. "What the fuck is he doing here?!" Sophie whispered into Bradley's ear. "Let him be, he just had a bad night at his high school reunion." Bradley said. They look at Chase who kept on drinking and drinking until he broke a glass. "Chase, I think it's time to go, man!" Bradley shouts.

Chase looks at Sophie deviantly and stands to go near her, "It's all your fault. We could've been great together, but now I look at you and see a desperate celebrity who wants to ruin people's lives! Thanks for telling me about Riley, thanks for ruining my relationship with Allie, and fuck you you lousy kisser." He shouted.

Sophie tore up and slapped Chase, "You asshole! No matter what you say or do I still fucking love you!" She retorted and walked out. Bradley steps in, "Chase, I think you've had enough bro. It's time to go." He said and Chase just nods and doesn't say anything. He was drunk.

Bradley, who wasn't drunk, drives to Central Park which was nearby. They go into Central Park and they walk silently seeing their breaths because of how cold it was. Then they sit on a bench overlooking the city.

"Do you wanna talk about what happened at the club earlier today or just go straight to the one with Allie?" Bradley asks. "Fuck Sophie, man. She ruined my fucking life." Chase replied. Then there was silence.

"Bradley, am I that boring to you?" He asked breaking the silence. "No, you just work hard." Bradley replies. Chase then brings out a flask from the inside pocket of his blazer and drinks it. "Ahhh I see." Chase said. Bradley grabs the flask and drinks it too. "What's the problem, Chase?" Bradley asked.

"I-I don't know, am I that stupid thinking that Allie would change?" Chase asked. "Why? What happened?" Bradley asked. "I don't know, it's just that, before I got together with Allie, she was this type of girl that slept with every guy on the first date." Chase said, and then he slowly sniffs his nose, tearing up.

Chase went on, "She's difficult, she's stubborn, and she's really a pain in the ass you know?" Chase waited for his response, but there was none. He continued, "I saw her talk to Riley earlier tonight." He finally said. "Who's Riley?" Bradley asked. "He's her ex fiancé." Chase replied. "Maybe they were just catching up or something?" Bradley said. "Maybe. I don't know." Chase said shaking his head. "Maybe you're just over thinking and overreacting about this situation, they just talked!" Bradley said.

"Not just talk. They laugh, he brushes his hand on her back, he tucks her hair behind her ear and they tickle each other." Chase said. "Maybe they're just being friendly towards each other." Bradley said. "Too friendly." Chase added. "You should just talk to her and sort things out." Bradley said.