CHAPTER 7 - New Beginnings

CHAPTER 7 – New Beginnings

It was still the morning, he had thought, he should go to work to at least keep himself distracted. He reaches his desk and on the corner of his small cork board there was a picture of him and Allie back in Christmas. They looked happy and lovely together. He looked up at the picture and he smiled.

A few moments later his dad calls him in his office. "Son, I'd like you to meet your new partner for the Giraud account. This is Ms. Valerie Atkins." His dad said. "Yeah, I'm quite familiar of your work, Ms. Atkins. It's a pleasure to meet you." He said. "She'll be working with you hand in hand with what Mr. Giraud wants for his 2M dollar home he's investing. Don't disappoint, I'll leave you two to it. Goodbye." His dad said.

Chase smiled at his dad and he went to the conference room with Valerie. They discussed all the details and the budgeting, and he couldn't help noticing how beautiful she was. "Can I just pause for a while and say something?" Chase said going off topic. "What?" she asked.

"I couldn't help but notice how beautiful you are." He blurted out. "Oh please, you're too kind." She said. "What'd you think about New York? I take it you're new to this city." He said. "I've been around." She teased. "Really? Let me take you out sometime, show you around?" he asked. "Smooth move, city boy. But I've got plans tonight." She said.

"Cali girl fit in the city well, I take it?" He teased. "You could say that, come find me later city boy." She said as she winked at him and left the room. That day he started to have hope again, and wasn't afraid to put himself out there without anything holding him back again.

Chase and Valerie started seeing each other for a couple of weeks, just as friends at first but then they were in the dating stage. At first they were secretly dating to avoid the disturbance in their profession but it blossomed into a very lovely relationship, one where Chase truly enjoys himself.

But no one knew.

The company was turning ten years old and it was the perfect way for Chase to reveal to the world that he was dating Valerie.

Before the party as Chase begins to prepare for the event, Chase took a shower, brushed his teeth, put on cologne, brushed up his hair and shaved his 5'oclock shadow as he usually does. He donned a blue suit and black inner long sleeves, khaki brown leather shoes and no ties, which was odd.

As he goes out of his room, he sees his roommate alone for the first time. It hurt whenever he sees her with Brett and she made it clear to him that she was happy. But lately, Allie has been observing Chase, how happy and glowing he has become.

Though they stopped talking after that day when he confessed his love for her. They just cut off all communication even though they're still roommates. When Allie sees Chase all dolled up for his event, she was reminded of the person she once fell in love with and maybe still is.

"Wow. You look... amazing!" Allie said as she nuzzled into the couch with a ponytail and put on her glasses and pj's and her book. "Thanks." He said in a plain tone and walked to the door. "Wait!" Allie cried out. "I'm gonna be late, Allie." He replied. "I have to tell you somethi... This has got to be the longest conversation we've had since that day. I really am sorry, Chase." She said softly. Chase didn't say a word, and he looked at her and faintly smiled.

As he went out he heard Allie cry, for some mysterious reason. Just in time as the elevator arrived, he hesitated to go in, but once he'd realize its best to just probably leave her alone, he had somewhat moved on despite his feelings and the need to be with her.

Moments later, he picked up Valerie and headed to the office rooftop for the party. They arrived together, with her on his arm. She was the most beautiful woman there. She wore her hair down with some lazy curls, light "natural" make up, and nude pink lipstick. She also wore a turquoise cocktail dress with glitter and sparkles paired it with beige stiletto heels.