CHAPTER 13 - The Job

The next morning, Allie wakes up and cooked up something for her brother and Chase. Chase wakes up and directly went to the kitchen; he hugs her from the back and kisses her on the cheek. Allie feeds him bacon and kisses him back. "Good Morning beautiful," He whispered. "I could just hug you all day." He added, Allie just giggled. "So are you going to work late today?" She asked. "Sadly yeah." He answered."Oh I need to ask a favor..." she said. "Okay, go ahead." He said as he takes a seat on the dining table.

"Scotty still doesn't have a job lined up for him after graduation. Discovery Channel gave the job to someone else. I was hoping you could introduce him to Bradley and ask him if he could mentor Scotty without pay?" She asked. "Not a problem." He assured her. 

Scott as if not listening to the conversation entered and said, "You know, I'm totally capable of getting my own job without any help." And then he grabbed a bowl of cereal and milk. "Trust me; if you wanna work here in New York, you have to at least meet the best of the best, my friend, Bradley Walker." Chase suggested.

Scott's eyes widened, "Back up, Bradley Theodore Walker?" He said. "Yeah." Chase said. "His shots are the best, he's my idol." Scott gushed. Chase picked up his phone and texts Bradley if he's cool with having lunch together, luckily he says yes. "Dress up, Scott. We're having lunch with the man." He said. "No way!" Scott shouted. "Say thank you, Scotty." Allie says as she drinks a cup of coffee.

Scott playfully hugs Chase and then kisses her sister on the forehead. "Thanks guys. Oh and don't forget, I'm graduating two months from now!" He said enthusiastically. "When are you going back to London, Scott?" Chase asks. "Tomorrow evening." Scott replies. Chase nods and continues to check his emails and eats Allie's heartwarming breakfast.

After he eats, Chase heads back to his room. He prepares for work - he showers, brushes his teeth, shaves, brushes his hair, and puts on his suit. He goes out and sees Allie reading the newspaper in the living room.

"Uhm Chase, where were you last night?" She asked. "At work and had dinner with a friend." He answered. "Which friend?" Allie asked. "Oh you know," Chase wanted to lie but at the same time he didn't want Allie to know he was out with Sophie last night. He didn't finish his sentence.

"Why does the newspaper say you went out on a date with Sophie Collins, last night?" Allie asked showing the newspaper article with Chase and Sophie's picture. "It wasn't a date. We just bumped into each other and ate together, you know just catching up." He replied. "Mmmhhmmm okay." Allie said annoyed.

"Allie, there's nothing going on. It was just a friendly dinner." Chase said. "I love you but I gotta go." He said and before he leaves, he kisses her and bids her goodbye. The rest of the morning they go about their lives, Allie goes to work and Scott prepares for his lunch.

"Where is the guy? I wanna meet my number one fan." Bradley said. "Chill out, he said he's on his way." Chase said. Then comes Scott bursting through the door. "There he is." Chase said then raises his hands and greets Scott. "Scott Bennett, this is Brad..." Chase gets cut off by Bradley. 

Bradley extends his arm and says, "I'm Bradley Theodore Walker." Then they all sit down. "It's such a pleasure to meet you." Scott says. "Same here. Nice tie by the way. Chase tells me you're a big fan of my work?" Bradley said. "Yeah! You're one of the people that inspired me to continue capturing memories through my lens and make it more than just a habit." Scott replied. "I am honored." Bradley said.

They order, after all they were at Bradley's restaurant. So all throughout the lunch they all just got to know each other. "Scott, why don't you intern for me after you graduate?" Bradley offers. "Are you serious? That would be amazing!" Scott said enthusiastically. "What do you say, Scott?" Chase added. "Hell Yeah!" Scott replied. 

"Then it's settled. I wanna see how you work, and what type of photographer you are." Bradley said. "Alright, Sir" Scott said. "Alright kid, see ya in two months." Bradley said and gives him his calling card. "Thanks for lunch." Chase tells Bradley. "It's not a problem." Bradley says. "Okay, Scott, Bradley and I still have a meeting to go to so I'll head out early." Chase said. A few minutes later Scott leaves and eventually Bradley goes out too.

Scott walks heading to Central Park and decides to celebrate his happiness by buying himself ice cream and time alone in the park. While he walks and sight sees he bumps into this girl. "Oh I'm so sorry, miss." He said. The girl picks up her things, he helps her and when their eyes met, he was instantly out of breath.

"Hey, aren't you that actress girl?" Scott said confusingly. "Oh! You're Sophie Collins! You were in that Ryan Gosling movie!" Scott said. Sophie just smiled and grabbed her things. "Do you want an autograph?" She offered. "Oh a picture with you would be great! Is that okay with you?" Scott said. "Sure" She said.

They take a selfie together and then he says, "I'm Scott Bennett by the way." Sophie smiles, "Hi Scott." She said softly. "It's so nice to meet you." He says. At the sound of his last name, she gets curious, "Are you by any chance related to Allison Bennett?" She asked. Scott gets shocked, "Yes, how did you know?" He asked. Sophie shook her head, "I'd like to discuss something with you." She asked. "For you, sure!" He replied happily. "Meet me at the lobby at the Waldorf Astoria by three o'clock." She said.

"Would you by any chance, want to go out with a normal guy like me?" He added. Sophie laughs and says, "You're quite charming, but I'm afraid I won't but I just have to discuss something with you. Anyways, I'm headed this way. Nice meeting you, Scott." She said and leaves. 

"Could this day get any better?" Scott said to himself.

Scott goes to Queens to visit Drew again and they grab some grub. "Thanks for the ticket, I wasn't planning on going but here you are." He said and Scott laughs. "Is your sister gonna be there?" He asked. "Of course, she's gonna be there." Scott replied. "Does she know that I'm going?" Drew asked. "Yes." He lied. When it was getting a bit late, he went back to the station and rode a train that led to the Waldorf Astoria.

He sees Sophie quickly and they go up to her room. Sophie takes off her sunglasses, "Scott was it?" She asked. "Yeah?" He replied. "What is your relation to Allison Bennett?" She asked. "She's my sister." Scott answered nervously. "Perfect." Sophie said. 

"How would you like to earn half a million dollars?" She asked. 

"What's the catch?" He asked. 

"I need you to break up Allie and Chase." She said quickly. 

Scott's eyes widen, "What?!" He exclaimed. "Are you stupid enough to ask a request like that from me?! I'm her brother!" He raised his voice.

Sophie calms down and raised her right eyebrow, "Are you stupid enough to reject this request? You get half a million dollars just to break up one couple." She said in an angry way. "They're not just a couple, they're good people! Why do you wanna break them up?!" He asked. "I can't tell you." She replied. "You are one crazy lady! I'm outta here!" He said and walked out of her hotel room. He quickly goes home to Chase and Allie's apartment and catches his breath.

"What happened to you? Were you running with a suit on?" Allie asked. Scott shook his head, "Trust me, you do not wanna know what happened today." He said and went straight to Allie's room. 

The rest of the night, Scott packed his things disturbed by what Sophie had just said to him, Allie sleeps early because she's really tired, and once again, Chase comes home late. The next day Allie drove Scott to the airport and Chase went to work. 

"Have a safe flight and take care, okay?" Allie said and hugged Scott. "Thanks sis." He said and got his bags. "Before I leave, I just want you to know that I love you and I'd do anything for you." He said. "I know. I love you Scott. See you in two months!" Allie said and hugged him again and kissed his cheeks. 

Allie goes back in the car and they go about their normal lives and life goes forward.

Scott and Sophie? What do you think? Is Scott using Chase to get what he wants? Is Chase being too kind? Is Bradley really going to give Scott a job? Find out more in the next chapter of "The Decision" :)