Chapter Nine

Leons POV:

I wake up with my phone buzzing. Its probably Lara asking if I wanna hang out or something. The cafe doesn't open on a sunday so I finally have a day to myself. I pick up my phone and my face lights up as I see the name on the screen... Violetta:

Hey Leon! You free today? Wanna hang out or something? My friends kinda ditched me so I'm being a loner...

I quickly type a reply trying not to sound to desperate:

Sure sounds cool! Wherebouts d'you wanna meet?

She texts me to meet her at a certain white bench at the park. I quickly get changed and head out of the door. I don't bother saying goodbye to my family because we've become even more distant recently. Well everyone has... none of us are completely happy.

I walk to the park and start looking around for this certain bench. I see a very pretty Violetta sitting on a very pretty bench in a very pretty setting. I sigh at how good the view is and walk over to Violetta. "Hey V!" I smile. She jumps a little as she didn't see me coming. "Oh hi Leon!" She smiles at me. I sit down next to her and we start talking. When I talk with her my whole world seems at peace. "So... Leon... what do you do for fun?" She asks grinning at me. "I don't know... i play guitar..." I mutter I really am not good with conversations. "So you play and sing!" Her eyes light up. I smirk at her and she winks at me. Wait... doesn't she have a boyfriend! "So... what are your... friends doing today," I ask attempting to make a conversation. "Frans with her new boyfriend and Cami is shopping with her new friend Naty..." she mutters. Her voice seems sad and lonely. Man she never seemed like this before. "And the jerk... he kind of ditched me to hang out with my worst enemy..." she mutters under her breath. "The jerk?" I ask hoping its that Tomas guy. "Tomas!" She exclaims a tear rolling down her cheek. Man I made her upset. Oh shit! What the hell am I supposed to do with a girl whos got a tear falling down her cheek? I put my arm around her and smile at her. "Thanks Leon!" She smiles at me and leans in. What is she seriously going to kiss me right now? She has a boyfriend... I lean in too. I can't help myself we are inches away from kissing when...

"VIOLETTA!" A guys voice screams. He doesn't seem angry and since I am not dead yet I am guessing it isn't Tomas. I turn my head and see some random guy standing there arms open. Violetta gets up and runs into his arms squeezing him tightly. "FEDE!" She squeals pulling away from the hug and smiling at him. "Why didn't you tell me you were coming back here?" She asks still grinning at him. "I wanted to surprise my Vilu is that okay?" He puts his arm around her and she digs her head into his stomach. "You are the sweetest guy!" She exclaims and then notices I'm still there. "Oh Fede this is..." This Fede guy cuts her off. "Tomas right? Your boyfriend?" He smiles at her but she shakes her head. He looks at me confused as I arkwardly stand there. I try to loose eye contact but its like he is forcing it onto me. "So he's not Tomas..." Fede hesitates. He obviously cares for Violetta but I still am not sure about what his intentions with her are. "Let me formally introduce you.." Violetta says breaking the arkward silence. "Leon this is Federico... he lives in Italy with his mother but obviously is here now! We were childhood besties! And Fede this is Leon.. um... he's a... um... a good friend?" She mutters the last bit. I can't tell if she is embarassed to be seen with me or if she's embarassed about what just happened. Probably both. "Vilu, um... can I talk with you in private?" Federico asks Violetta and they walk off to another bench.

Violettas POV:

I still can't believe Federicos back. Oh man I've missed him. He drags me to a brown bench with a little silver plaque on it.

Follow Your Heart No Matter How Hard It Is

I read the small silver plaque and realise how true it is. I guess I was following my heart I mean I almost kissed Leon. I think I am falling for him. Federico snaps me out of my daydream. Gesturing for me too sit. I sit down next to him and he smiles at me grabbing both of my hands. "Okay stop it right there... are you seriously gonna propose again!" I scream at him. Leons eyes bolt over and are staring at us. We both burst out with fits of laughter. "Yeah right!" Fede yells so Leon can hear us. He goes back too. Well to be honest I have 0 idea on what he's actually doing. "So... you and Leon eh?" He whispers to me nudging my arm. I shake my head. "You can't lie to me Vilu, you were about to kiss when I inturrupted...." I stare at him. I couldn't bare too tell him the truth. He would just lecture me but I couldn't throw Leon under the bus. I had to think of something I just had no idea what? Did I dare tell him the truth? And what even is the full truth? Do I even like Leon? Are we even friends anymore? I don't know. Its too much too think about...