56 (The End of All Things)

(A/N:

For once, this chapter MIGHT take longer to read than the song, but that depends on how long it takes for you to read. Again, highly recommend the song.

Btw this is kind of an epilogue. It just describes what happens to you after Percy's death.)

Y/N's P.o.V.

The day I got back to camp, I ran to Nico.

I told him everything. He held onto me as I cried hot, burning tears.

But that wasn't the worst part. They're holding a funeral.

I should be happy. I'm alive, am I not? I have Nico, don't I? I still have Home.

"You look like someone just ran you over," Nico said, stepping into our cabin. "Actually, you look worse."

I let out a sigh, one depressing note singing low in the air.

"I feel like someone ripped my organs out with a machete," I replied blandly. "I don't want to move."

Nico smiled slightly as he sat down at the edge of my bunk. It creaked as he sat. "You're so depressing," he said. He shoved my leg out of his way. "Get up, we're gonna pay our respects."

I shifted my body so I faced the other way. I didn't want to think. I didn't want to do anything.

I wish Percy were here. He'd make me smile. Heck, he'd make me laugh. I miss his laugh so much. Gods, anything is better than this.

Nico shoved my shoulder. "C'mon," he whispered. "I know how you feel. Please get up, Y/N."

I just want to lie here to die.

"I know you feel like it's the end of the world," Nico said. "And that you feel like there's no more happiness, no more light.

"I know what it's like for your best friend in the entire world to die. But sometimes it's just easier to move on."

I didn't want to move, but somehow Nico managed to pull me up. We stood by my bunk, looking at each other straight in the eye.

"I know you're seeing black and white," he mumbled. "So I'll paint you a clear blue sky, okay?"

"It's raining," I whispered. I collapsed onto his bony body. "There's nothing but clouds above my head."

Anything is better than this.

Nico pulled me to the door, opening it so that only a little bit of sunlight shone on us.

"Ready?" he asked.

How am I supposed to live when he's dead?

I shook my head no.

We went outside.

The funeral was the most depressing thing I've ever experienced.

Percy's picture was propped up against a tree as Chiron and Mr. D spoke of his valiant tributes.

"Percy Jackson was a hero," Chiron began, "but also a friend, a companion, a leader. He had saved the world multiple times, all crucial to the future of our world."

I tuned out the rest of his speech. It was too much.

Gods, I miss him. I miss him so much. Just staring at his face in a frame brought this pit of emptiness in my stomach.