53

Percy's P.o.V.

She stood there, blinking in all the light.

Y/N. My Y/N.

Luke laughed. It sounded inhuman.

"Well we're all here!" he exclaimed, clasping his hands. "Time to get the party started!"

I couldn't breath anymore. Luke left the table and had stood up to caress Y/N's jaw. She flinched, her eyes flickering back from me to him.

Touch me and I'll kill you, her eyes said.

"What are you going to do with her?" I demanded, standing up. My legs felt like Jell-O underneath me. "I need to know!"

Luke smiled. "I'm just toying around," he answered lightly. His eyes flashed evilly. "Percy, I've got something fascinating planned for Olympus, and I want you right next to me as we rule it together."

I looked desperately at Y/N. a guard stood awkwardly next to her. She didn't seem to mind. A few more pooled out of the door behind them, sealing us in.

We were severely outnumbered.

"Marry me, Percy," Luke smirked. "Love me. Be faithful to me." His hand reached behind to to grasp Backbiter, the weapon he used before in his previous life. Luke held it to Y/N soft throat. "Or she dies."

I almost fainted. Very manly.

I shook my head and looked down. I refused to answer.

Luke walked back over to me. He tilted my head up an gleamed.

"You'll be mine either way," he said. "Make the decision now, and she might just live."

Luke tousled my hair playfully and turned around. "Or I can have a little fun with her myself," he added. "Maybe I'll have a little fun with both of you."

"Shut up!" I yelled. "Don't touch her! Don't you dare touch her, or I'll kill you!"

Luke spun on his heel to face me again. "You can't speak to me like that," he snarled. "Never will I allow it."

I jumped back to where Riptide was in a blur. In a second, I was right in front of Luke, wielding my sword.

"I'll kill you," I said. "I'll kill you happily if you even think about doing anything to Y/N."

Luke narrowed his eyes.

Then he relaxed. He laughed. It gave me shivers.

He took my sword hand in his. Luke's palm was cold.

He took Riptide and slid the tip across the inside of my hand, right on my fingers. Blood seeped out slowly in drops.

"You're my best friend," Luke whispered. He placed Riptide's hilt back into my hand. "Kill her, and we can live together forever."

I gripped my sword tightly. I wanted to slit his throat and run away.

Why was I actually considering this?

"No," I answered shakily. "Just -- no. I won't."

A vision crept into my mind. I gave me shivers.

I stood behind Y/N, who was sitting patiently in a chair. I was holding Riptide in my shaking hands.

She was smiling, knowing what was going to happen.

'I'm sorry,' I choked. 'I don't want to. But I -- I have to."

Y/N let her shoulders sag with the experience of her entire life.

I plunged Riptide into her back. She didn't say anything.