06

ACT MY AGE

ACT MY AGE

"And that's a wrap!" Gavin cheered as he lay back on the couch in Tripp's leisure room.

The stylists and photographers had all gone home. We were all lounging around, and Tripp and I had long since changed back into our regular clothes. I was sandwiched between Gavin and Mick on the long sofa while Tripp occupied the loveseat by himself, and Teddy sat on the ottoman, watching clips from some show that was on the large plasma screen that hung up on the wall.

          Gavin was playing in my hair, twirling it around in his fingers every so often. It was fascinating being a brunette, I had to hand it to Stuart, my hair looked wonderful. Though I would miss my blonde locks, being darker was growing on me. My family would sure be surprised when they found out, that was for sure.

          "Good call," Nancy agreed from where she stood in the doorway. "That's it for today, unless there's something I missed."

          "Nope," Gavin replied, pulling me under his arm, "we're going to school Chloey here on all things Tripp Rivers with his movies and albums."

          My jaw practically bounced off of the sofa cushion. He was betraying me?

          "Good, way to get prepared for tomorrow's interview." Nancy was pleased, lifting her attention from her iPad, from where she was probably crossing the idea off of her checklist. "And Miss Beckett I really do like your hair. It's fitting. I wouldn't change it if I were you."

          "Thank you, Nancy." At least she had been honest about liking the change.

          Nancy faced the rest of the guys, turning back to her usual serious self. "Again, let's leave the girl in one piece. I'll be back in the morning."

          I waited until I was sure she was gone before I turned to Gavin, armed with inquisition. "You aren't really going to make me watch more Tripp videos, are you?"

          "Hell no." Gavin cracked a smile. "Who wants to watch Mom, I'm in Love with the Babysitter?"

          "Hey." Tripp tossed a pillow at Gavin. "That movie garnered me an MTV Movie Award for best kiss."

          "Yeah, well, the kiss Avery Adams shared with Sarah Jane Diaz in Operation Frat was much more interesting and hotter," Gavin argued.

          His comment made us laugh, seeing how both movies were not that great.

          "What are you harboring some crush on Adams?" Mick taunted, reaching over and shoving Gavin's shoulder.

          "The guy does have nice eyes," Gavin pondered. "But Diaz on the other hand," Gavin took a moment to whistle as if he were catcalling, "if only she weren't fourteen."