capítulo número dos; la necesidad

Au Pair

All Rights Reserved

© 2016 Luna Black

~*~

"Alright, Toby," I sighed, sitting up on my bed as I looked down at my brown little fur ball, "since I barely have money to buy a happy meal for the rest of the week, I promise not to eat you, if you don't eat me."

His brown little ears perked up and he moved his tail lazily, side to side. His bright green eyes stared me down and he licked his paw, slowly – still staring me down, defiantly.

"Fine, fine," I muttered, caving in and scratched his head, gently, "you win. But promise me that you'll save the best, yummy parts for last." He purred as I ran my nails down his beautifully striped back and I grinned as his tail stood in attention. "I should last you about a month, you feline monster!"

Toby looked up at me, standing up and curled on my lap. "Aw, you don't want to eat me?" He licked my finger and I laughed, "You cheater! I just fed you! You shouldn't be hungry yet!"

He purred loudly, moving his head against my hand as I caressed him. "You're the only man that comes to me willingly, Toby," I feigned a whine, giggling when he turned on his back for me to scratch his belly, "you're not a dog, silly!"

"Meow," He wagged his tail side to side, quicker, but playful as he pawed at my hands against his tummy.

I shook my head, grinning. "I don't know who's crazier. You for answering me, or me for thinking that you actually answered me." I continued petting him, loving the content purr that came from him when I pet him. He was such a spoiled little kitty.

To think that three months ago I was a die-hard dog-girl; I never thought that cats were nice pets. They weren't very affectionate and were very conceited. I mean, it's not called a catwalk for nothing! But I soon learned that Toby and I were just the same.

I walked around like I owned the world and I demanded love without having to express it verbally (I'd need a bit of alcohol in my system to achieve that cat mastery, but Toby didn't need to know that.)

I still didn't know how I got him, either. One day I woke up, hungover and tired as hell and there he was. Just sitting in the middle of my room, meowing at me lazily. I fed him some leftover food and he never left. He didn't have a nametag and he was too cute of a kitten to just throw back out in the streets.

He never grew either. Just stayed a tiny little cat that I cuddled every night to sleep. I'd probably cry my heart out if he ever left me now. We were stuck for life! "Right, buddy?" I cooed at him, caressing his fur, "You're stuck with me forever!"

"Meow!"

"I'm taking that as a yes," I grinned, pushing my laptop to the side to lay down with him. Toby got up and jumped down from the bed and I pouted my lip. "I thought we had something, Toby! Something real special, but no, as soon as I start getting in bed, you get up and leave!"

I sighed, shaking my head dramatically and muttered, "Typical man!"

He walked towards the window and jumped out to the tiny balcony to use the litter box.

"Ah, take care of business, then, big man!"

I had just finished calculating my bills for the month and it just didn't look good. I only had $24.98 in my account and rent was $150. I was $125 short and that didn't include the money I needed for groceries.

It was a surprise that the money lasted this long, since I didn't have the best lifestyle. Party every weekend and sleep most of the weekday. That was the life. I cuddled with Toby from Monday-Friday and then Friday night till Sunday, I partied.