Chapter Twelve.

I'm back in Nashville and Ali is on her way to my place for tea and sweets. I'm dressed in a high waisted floral skirt and a cat face top. She would be arriving any moment and my heart is pounding a millions times a moment. The doorbell rings and the ex sessile beating stops. I have no time to worry. I rush to the door and open in quickly.

Ali stands there in a sundress and cowboy boots. Her dirty blonde hair is pulled to the side in a braid. She extends her hand but instead I welcome her into a hug. She's the same height as me and she radiants happiness. "I'm so happy we could meet!" I smile and welcome her in.

"Yes! Me too! I can imagine how busy you are!" She smiles, taking off her kickers and following me into the kitchen. "Your house is lovely!"

"Thank you! I can tell from the scrapbook that you an I have. Esty similar taste!" I start pouring her a cup of tea. "What do you take?"

"Just a sugar! Because it's always..."

"Better to be on the sweeter side?!"

She stands surprised, "you know that quote?"

"Yeah! My grandma used to say it all the time, so did my mom." I pass her the tea and she looks and my funny like.

"That's odd because my grandma says it too!"

It's not long before Ali and I completely loose track of time. Our day is full of laughs and happy tears. Time flies and our tea date soon runs into Harry and is schedule FaceTime. I excuse myself and apologize before answering and Harry sits with his phone facing himself. His hair is wet and tousled around. He doesn't have a shirt on and I laugh. "Hello to you too!" I say with a smile.

"How'd the tea date with Ali go?" He asks, yawning half way through.

"Great! Wanna say hi?" And before he can decide against it, I'm turning the phone Ali's way so we're both on screen. Harry's blushing excessively as we both let out with laughter.

"Um, hi Ali." Harry says with red cheeks. "I'm Harry."

She smiles and waves, "hi Harry. Honestly, I just can't thank you and Taylor enough! My husband and I have wanted kids for such a long time and you're giving us something that we can't do on our own. Just... Thank you so much!"

I see through Harry's smile. It's fake and plastic like. He's smiling but it's not genuine. I'm nearly breaking over it. "We want the best," he says with this breaking smile, "and if we can't be the best for the baby, we want someone that will be. And that's you!"

I turn to Ali and in her eyes sits a pool of tears, she takes my hand. "Both of you, you're just so amazing!"

I squeeze her hand right with my own tears falling. My fingers pull hers to my stomach and I hold it there, and in surprise she looks at me. "No, Ali. You're the amazing ones."

And with that she gives me complete comfort in knowing that our baby will be going to a loving home. To people that can give her everything she needs. Being able for her to go to every dance recital and every signing event. Surely that the child in my stomach would be a singer. I just want them to be able to do whatever they want without pressure. Without paparazzi starting at her every move. I want her to be successful on her own, not based on the fact that Harry and I are artists. I was her to have a stable home. And I have no doubt in my mind that she'll find it with Ali and Rob. Wait... Her...?

•••

I lay quietly in bed. My hands pressed into my stomach where underneath layers of skin is a baby. Ali's baby. She'll be an amazing mother. I can tell even just based off of today. She's got a nurturing soul that one. Even though it's a little less than six months away, I'm nervous how it's going to go down. I'm nervous on how I'll just... Hand my baby over. But that's the thing, she's not mine. She doesn't belong to me or Harry. I just don't know if I'm going to be able to stare at the little prince or princess that I pushed out of me, and then just... Hand them over. It's going to be hard. It's not going to be easy. But nothing good is ever easy. Ali is where they belong.

A/N

Okay so you guys have been absolutely amazing to be and I absolutely adore y'all. Thank you for commenting and voting and following and reading. You make me smile. I don't know how long this is gonna be but I'm gonna spread things up in the next few chapters! I thought of a really cool plot for another Haylor story and I hope you guys like it. (I'll be posting after this one!) ((btw sorry this is so short!)