Chapter 1

Hey guys, sorry it's taken me so long to update! I'll be updating more frequently now though since it's holidays! Hope you enjoy this chapter!

The next morning I woke up with a start, wondering why my face was streaked with tears ... then I remembered the letter, I had cried myself to sleep last night.

"Hey Mum, has Dad left for work yet?" I called out.

I never got a reply, how stupid was I, I couldn't believe myself, somehow thinking that they were still here made me feel even worse. I felt a cold, salty tear roll down my face I didn't think that I'd ever get used to feeling so lonely.

I picked up my phone and the letter and started to walk downstairs. I had never noticed how creepy our house looked when no one else was home, all of the shadows seemed to want to reach out and grab me then suck me into the wall. I knew that I was overreacting, but still, it was very eerie.

I got to the kitchen and saw another note left for mw on the kitchen bench; it was from S.

Dear Clara,

Read the first letter again.

-S

What? How could S just send me that? Is that all? I opened the first letter again, hoping for something to jump out at me, but nothing did. My heart stopped for a second, the letter was left on the kitchen bench, inside my house. How did S get in? Was S some kind of criminal? Did S steal my keys?

I knew that there wasn't much that I could do about it now, at least until I had uncovered the mystery of who S actually was and how my family were all murdered at the same time. I decided that the quicker I could find out what happened to my family the better, and so far the only person that seemed to know everything about the murder was S, so I followed the instructions.

I read the letter again.

I froze.

The time 11.09am was repeated in the letter, and S wasn't talking about the same thing! At 11.09am yesterday my family were 'murdered' and at 11.09am 20 years ago from yesterday the book that had been passed down in my family for generations had vanished into thin air. This gave me hope, hope that my family were not dead, but had just ... disappeared.

Even if they had just disappeared, I knew that they'd all be in grave danger; and I knew that I wouldn't be able to find them on my own.

I picked up my phone and called my best friend, Daisy; she was always there for me no matter what happened.

"Hi Clara! What's up?" She said.

"Hey Daisy, yeah, well umm ..." I stuttered, "I have a bit of a problem," I finished.

"Oh no is it Blake again? You seriously need to get rid of that guy hon." Blake was my on and off boyfriend, he had this problem where he put me as his last priority and football at the very top of his priorities. He even put every single girl that he thought might make a good 'future' girlfriend above me. Hmm he was always a problem, and yes, Daisy was right; I needed to get rid of him.

"No it's not Blake this time, it's something else," I replied. Just at that second I got a text, "Sorry Daisy! I really need to check that."

Tell her and she'll end up like them too.

-S

Crap ... what was I supposed to do now? Would S make me keep this whole thing a secret? I couldn't shape my whole life around a lie, not this big of a lie anyways.

"Is everything ok Clara?" She questioned.

"Yeah, actually I've got to go meet my Mum for coffee this morning," I lied.