Chapter 3

Hello my lovelies! Here's chapter three! Hope you enjoy it! X

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

I was literally scared out of my mind; I had no idea what I should do, about what I could do. Well, the truth was that I couldn't do anything; there were no windows at all in the room to climb out of and if I opened the door S would definitely be able to get in. The whole situation was inexorable.

I heard some more footsteps approaching the door and started to freak out. What happened if I never made it home alive? What if instead of traveling back on this boat alive up here in this bedroom I was traveling back on this boat in the luggage compartment or in one of those wooden boxes like I had traveled here on.

I didn't have to wait very long to find out.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

While I was fretting about whether I would die in a few minutes, little did I know that Daisy had been trying to call me for the past few days that I had been on the ship. She had finally figured out that something was seriously wrong because no one was ever home; I had one younger brother as well as a younger sister and of course my mum and dad. Daisy had gone over to my house that same day after she'd called me about 35 times and I hadn't answered, and I ALWAYS answered my phone; no matter what time it was.

Daisy had called the police. She'd reported that my family and I were missing, which was true, but I certainly didn't want the police find out about S. Who knew what S might do to me if S wasn't a secret anymore. S would find revenge; that was for sure.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

I sat and waited for my death, I knew I wouldn't survive if S managed to get into my room; and S had the key.

I heard the key slide into the door handle. I heard the click of when it unlocked. I heard the door handle turn. I heard the swish of the door opening.

Then I heard a voice.

"Hello Clara," the voice said.

I was always terrible at matching voices with faces so it always took a while before I could register who was talking to me.

"If you are here to kill me, make it quick," I instructed, I was standing in the corner of the room facing the wall. To make it easier for S to kill me quickly. I hoped that having a bullet or knife puncture a hole in you hurt less if you couldn't see it coming at you. Then I realised, if S killed me now I'd never get to find out who S truly was. As I whizzed around I was greeted by a familiar face.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

{ Daisy's POV }

I had just hung up the phone after talking to the police when I received a text message.

You tell them about me, Clara gets the chop.

- S

Well, that crossed out that idea unfortunately. I was looking forward to chopping S up actually, if only I knew where Clara was; maybe then I could find a way to encourage her to tell somebody. We had to stop S, actually no, we had to find out who S was and then decide if S gets the chop.

The odd thing was that her family had disappeared as well, if it was only Clara then you know, it might've been ok but since it was all of them missing there had to be something awfully wrong.

Speaking of awful, all this thinking was making my head hurt; and not the kind of way it hurt when I'd just had a hard time deciding what kind of shoes to buy at the mall, this REALLY hurt.

I guess it was my own way of telling myself that I should go and buy some stuff at the mall.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

{ Clara's POV }

"What? Why would I want to kill you? All the sea sickness must've done something to your brain, messed it up a little bit. You do remember who I am right?"

"Yeah of course I do silly! I think you're right, I've been having a little trouble adjusting to the ship," I couldn't believe it, it wasn't S, at least I didn't think it was anyway.

It was Samuel, my former boy best friend. I hadn't seen him in at least two years and I missed doing stupid things with him like crazy. He'd changed so much he hardly looked anything like the old Samuel I knew; but then again, people can change a lot in a period of two years. That’s why I decided that I’d better be careful, just until I was sure he wasn’t a threat to me.

“I’ve missed you so much Clara!” he said enthusiastically as he walked towards me for a hug.

“Yeah! I’ve missed you too!” I replied as I hugged him back. “Where have you been all this time Sam? It’s been forever, no one would tell me where you had gone, it was almost like you’d just disappeared.”

“Mm I know, it must’ve been terrible; I did tell my parents to tell you that I had became part of the crew on a ship and not to worry about me, but I guess sometimes parents aren’t the best people in the world to trust,” he explained. Sam was a few years ahead of me in school, and after he had graduated he had vanished. I guess sometime after that I had just forgotten that old happy life I had once lived and started to accept my new dull, boring life.

“Wow, so all this time you were on a boat in the middle of the ocean? How did you find me?”

“Yep pretty much, and I’m part of the crew on this ship, I was with the captain when he found you in the box, I recognized you but he shooed me away before I could talk to you. After that I figured that he’d give a room to stay in so I followed him here and made him give me the key so I could get in, I knew that you’d never open the door for some guy who you haven’t seen in a few years.” He clarified.

“Oh right, that makes a bit more sense,” I replied, but then I remembered, that it didn’t actually make that much sense as I had heard him say that he needed the key so that he could ‘finish me off’. What was that supposed to mean? I hope that he wasn’t a threat to me, because if he was, there was no way for me to escape.

 *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

Please comment or vote or recommend, I'd really love some feedback! Thank you my lovelies! Chapter four will be up shortly. X