Part 25- Freedom and Happiness

The next morning, I woke up to knocking on the door. I didn’t remember being put in bed and I was still wearing my clothes from the previous day. I changed into new clothes, a turquoise sundress and brown sandals, before coming down the stairs. I opened in and not only saw Harry and Louis, but Mom and Gemma. “Mom! Gemma!” I pulled them in a group hug, which Harry and Louis later joined. “Let’s go inside.” I suggested, pulling away and we all walked into my living room. My luggage was in the living room, which is where we all headed. Mom, Harry and Gemma sat on the sofa. While Louis and I shared the chair.

We talked for hours. I was finally accepted again and I couldn’t stop smiling. Around 12:30 PM, Mom said, “Well, You need to go to the airport.” Mom, Gemma and I all stood up, but Louis said, “Wait, I have something to do, before you leave.” I looked at him and he stood up as everyone else sat back down.

Louis took my hands in his own, “Skylar, I love you so much. I love your smile, your laugh, your feisty attitude. I love ever bit of you and honestly, I don’t want to ever leave your side again.” He knelt down and tears started to pool in my eyes, “I want to spend every day with you and have children with you. Even grandchildren. Skylar Styles, will you make me the happiest man in the world and be my wife.” I was crying but after a few seconds, I nodded, “Yes… Yes!” I expected him to pull out Eleanor’s ring, but instead, he pulled out a ring I had never see. “I wanted Juliet to have her own ring.” he said, sliding it on my finger beside his graduation ring, “Not one management picked or was worn by another woman.” He stood up, still holding my left hand, “This ring is yours. Forever and always.” I smiled wider, if that was possible, and pulled him in for a kiss. His kiss felt different, like he was always going to be mine. I liked that feeling. I pulled away, remembering my family, and showed them the ring. They told me the congratulations and I walked with them to the door. When they had left, Harry and Louis were talking about our engagement. “Mom’s right.” I said, walking over to them, “We need to get to the airport.” There was sadness in my voice; I had finally gotten Louis and I didn’t want to send him on a plane, even if it was to go back to his family. I felt bad about that, but that was how I felt. Louis wrapped his arm around my waist, “You remember what I told you on Christmas, about me wanting you to meet my family?” I smiled, “Can I?” He nodded, “I know Mom and the girls would love to meet you.” I kissed his cheek, “I’ll grab my things.” Then, I grabbed my duffle bag a restocked it with clothing and other things.

I finally had it all.

Louis.

My Family.

Freedom to go where ever and to do what ever I wanted.

Everything was finally perfect.

And it always would be.